Qashqai 1.2 turbo (Acenta SV)

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Active

Post by Active »

Hey,
I've ordered Acenta SV with 1.2 turbo,
I wanted to ask if I can install on it blow off to the turbo and if it will hurt the engine or the car in anyway?

Thanks.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

install what??????????????
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Gel, I think Active means this device - take a look at the attachments, but whether the QQ has it already installed I have no idea. Being new perhaps it is already installed and Nissan should be contacted or asked, because playing around with or adding something like this could well be a big problem for the Nissan Guarantee - Dave ;)
Http://turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarret ... off_valves

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

A bad idea.

Because the ECU monitors the flow of charge air entering / exiting the engine, it will have assumptions of how much air exists when u remove your foot off the accelerator (hot compressed air gets returned to the front of the turbo compressor to reduce the boost pressure but keeping the turbos RPM high). If you discharge the compressed air to atmosphere you will get an engine warning after a while because the car thinks u have an air leak.

I used to have one of the blow off valves on my mini cooper s, sounds great, makes no difference in performance I could feel & after a few miles of hard driving would throw an engine warning light and reduced performance. The car ECU would need engine management coding to stop the fault warning.

If u want to increase performance then the best method is a "ECU REMAP", not one of those crappy black boxes.

Anyways, your driving a crossover / suv not a sports car. A dump to atmosphere valve would make people who hear your car think your a total W****r. :shock:

Active wrote:Hey,
I've ordered Acenta SV with 1.2 turbo,
I wanted to ask if I can install on it blow off to the turbo and if it will hurt the engine or the car in anyway?

Thanks.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Daewar wrote: Anyways, your driving a crossover / suv not a sports car. A dump to atmosphere valve would make people who hear your car think your a total W****r. :shock:
:lol: I must admit, that was my thought as well...................................I must be getting old :roll: .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hey Dave,

You are not old and only as old as you accept yourself to be.

Bros in Singapore install the racechip ultimate and our 1.2L dig-T become quite a beast !

We only have all petrol variants here, 1.2l dig-T and 2.0L ....how we wish we have the 1.6l dig-T to slap on the racechip ultimate !!!

Cheers.

Richard
adibranch

Post by adibranch »

just to clarify. As above, all (most) turbos either vent back to the inlet, or vent to atmos. As standard, nearly every turbo'd car out there vents back to the inlet.

you can only fit a vent to atmos BOV IF you car uses MAP to read the air pressure (ie it reads absolute PRESSURE the inlet manifold). If your car uses MAF (reads the air FLOW at the air filter/air pipe) then in general you wont be able to fit a BOV as it will upset the metered readings. I'm not sure what the Qashqai engines use, but I would imagine most modern engines now use MAP and maf is a fairly old and unreliable system now, but still used I assume in some engines.