London drivers face extra toll if high nox output

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

LONDON MAYOR:

Boris Johnson's replacement plans additional charges for high NOX drivers: :(

http://www.mayorwatch.co.uk/mayor-sadiq ... r-quality/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

duncho

Post by duncho »

...how could you guys elect this buffoon??!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I can't understand why anyone wants to live in London. When leaving university many years ago I targeted "anywhere but London" - I haven't regretted that decision one second. I live in a large 4-bed house on the edge of the Cotswolds that's worth less than the price of a studio flat in central London - what's not to like? I never drive into London - if I need to be there (usually for a business meeting) I suffer the train and underground in.

My car is already considerably cleaner in exhaust emissions than my motorbike.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Bit of a misleading headline. The zone and charges where talked about in 2013 but were put on hold for a number of reasons. The new Mayoris just planning to resurrect the proposals quicker than planned. There is also no mention of NOx producing vehicles, it just mentions 'polluting vehicles' that would also include petrol cars as well. Ok, there is mention of looking at the viability of a 'diesel scrappage scheme', but it appears at first glance that this would primarily be aimed at the public transport network ie busses, taxis and trains. The latest Euro 6 diesel engines are cleaner than a lot of older petrol cars that are still on the road chugging out fumes, not to mention the older Euro 3, 4, 5 diesels. Of course, all this is slightly less believable due to the way car manufacturers have managed to get away with skewing their emissions figures!