Dizzy blonde fuel problem

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Heardiej@gmail.com

Post by Heardiej@gmail.com »

Hi new to this forum so please go easy on me if my question seems stupid .
I bought a 1.6 Accenta 62 plate on Monday , I had to re fuel straight away as it was almost empty , I put £25 of unleaded in and display said I had 229 miles to go , I have done 166 miles and the fuel gauge is in the red and display says u have 20 miles left ( well short of what it first displayed ) does this seem correct ? My dad has looked under car and says thier is no sign of a fuel
Leak and car has only done 22000 miles so I'm confused , am I worrying for nothing ?

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Totally normal. The distance to empty figure is calculated based on your fuel consumption. Ill bet you are driving more heavy footed than the last driver before you took the car out. Drive more gently and you'll notice that tge figure may remain static for a number of miles, or in some cases, mainly on long steady runs, increase as your mpg increases. Nothing wrong with it at all.
Heardiej@gmail.com

Post by Heardiej@gmail.com »

Aw thankyou that's reassuring , I have gone from a 1.1 to 1.6 so do seem to be over reving a fair bit , so would you say approx 185 miles for £25 of fuel is standard for this car ?
switchback

Post by switchback »

I think he means that it depends on how you drive the car. If you are driving around town etc, you will have a lower "estimated expected range" left than if you were sitting on an "A Road" at a steady 50 mph where the fuel consumption will be far less..................................giving you a longer estimated range remaining. I expect that the previous owner drove a more economic route and the car has used this as a baseline for the next refill that you have done. It should sort itself out next time you refill.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. If you are in the mind set use the fuelly application to track you mileage and mpg. More reliable than the onboard computer. Enjoy the car
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Heardiej@gmail.com wrote:Aw thankyou that's reassuring , I have gone from a 1.1 to 1.6 so do seem to be over reving a fair bit , so would you say approx 185 miles for £25 of fuel is standard for this car ?
I would say you could easily expext to realise more than that. Drive gently and watch the mpg go up.