Violent engine shaking /Stop Start

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Paul1200

Post by Paul1200 »

Hello All.
I have a 2014 1.6 Dci Tekna which has done 8000 miles and it has not been without a series of problems. Not only the usual Front sensors/ BSW/ FEB and Stop/Start that rarely seems to stop/start. Once a complete system failure(nothing worked on the dash, sat nav, radio and all warning lights were on but the engine ran fine). It has been remapped three times and all updates have been carried out.
The problem I have had over the past year (it has happened three times) is that when the the stop/start does turn off the engine it immediately restarts and feels like it is only running on two cylinders together making the car shake violently, I then turn the engine off and restart it and it runs with no problem.
I have taken it back to the dealers, and to be fair to them they have really tried but apparently there is no fault code registered, and they can't seem to replicate the fault.
They have asked me to keep a log of when, where, engine temp, outside temp and wet or dry. but at the times of this happening one was in the dry and cold the other was wet and warm.
Has anyone else had any similar problems.
It is a real shame as I really love driving the car but I am getting tired of all the faults.
Any thought would be most welcome.
Paul1200

Davo

Post by Davo »

Paul
Yes I have had this happen once on my 1.2 dig-t. Started up as if it was running on 2 cylinders max. Switched off and restarted all ok , but very disturbing as I also have had all the faults that most members have experienced. The latter being the awful squeak from the steering during this cold spell. I had a replacement engine in October due to oil loss problems . I am not too impressed with the quality of the 2014 model QQ. This was my 2nd QQ. Don't think I will be buying another anytime soon.
Davo
Paul1200

Post by Paul1200 »

Hi Davo.
Thanks for the reply.
Obviously from the lack of response to this we must be the only two owners this has happened to.
Surely there must be other's with similar fault.
I did have the misfire fault but after the last remap it seems to be working fine now, fingers crossed.
Paul
wazza2789
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by wazza2789 »

Sorry to hijack, did you ever get to the root of this issue? We have just bought a 2012 qashqai+2 1.6dci and are having the exact same issue.

Car is under warranty so keen to get it sorted now!

Any help greatly appreciated.
Paul1200

Post by Paul1200 »

Hi Wazza2789.
After I posted this problem on the forum, I had a new battery fitted and another investigation but alas still nothing in the fault codes so by that time I had wasted so much effort on this that I had had enough and got shot of the car.
As I had said the dealership was great just let down by the product and Nissan customer service was useless.
I hope you have a better result than I had.