Malfunction indicator light (orange)

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Well, just got the first EML (steady orange) this afternoon. Got an appointment with dealers to get this checked.

Interesting observations posted before ,cause even I have used supermarket fuels for majority of the fill ups (maybe 80%) and the remaining from Shell, dont recall though if its Nitro or normal diesel.

Secondly, I drive sedately most of the time. I normally upshift the moment the shift indicator says so. except once a week where I redline through 2 & 3rd gears.

Will keep you posted how it goes tomorrow at the dealers. Thank you Mark for the error codes.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Gel thanks for the link. It is clearly sponsored by Shell though. My view for what its worth, supermarket fuel is pumped by the oil companies, refined by the oil companies and sold to supermarkets as a retailer to the end consumer. The additives such as promoted in the video add the value and the cost to the consumer but the base diesel product is the same. A consumer choice whether they want to pay for the additives - I may be naive but I don't believe the base product could be sold if it could be shown it damages the engine - even if it could, I can't see oil co's staying in business long if consumers believed this and stopped buying. On the OP issue - I think its likely a fault elsewhere, DPF given problems with this discussed elsewhere.
Leicestershire, UK - 1.5diesel Tekna Pan Roof in Nightshade
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Started the car yesterday to take it to the dealer and guess what, the EML light had disappeared. I left the car with the dealer a whole day & was later told that they checked the injectors in all cylinders and there was no errors. But they went ahead with an update of the ECU version. But they could'nt give me any reason as to what may have caused this.

Well got an ECU upgrade, which makes me feel that the engine's become more responsive (can't say if this is just psychological) and unexpectedly a body wash( was quite dirty & was thinking of a wash over the weekend) .
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.