QQ Recall Gear Lever

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I do not want to worry Owners but I found this comment on a Website here for QQ Recalls. This is not made up, a copy of the Report is attached but it is in German language and I have done my best to translate it in case anybody wants to follow this up – Dave :(

Nissan has found a dimensional problem with the gear lever device of the compact SUV Qashqai (J11). As reported by the Company the switching cable can unhook, with the consequence being that the transmission can stick in first, second or fifth gear.
15,046 QQ’s are affected Globally and in Germany 1,943 vehicles of the Model year period 1st Nov 2014 until 15th April 2015. According to a Nissan spokes person this problem concerns only vehicles that are equipped with a R9M diesel engine (1,6 DCi 130), are 2WD and have a manual gearbox. The Federal Motor Transport Agency are involved in determining Owners. The importer estimates around 15 minutes workshop time for the reworking of the shift lever device.

http://www.rueckrufe.net/2015/10/19/bes ... kstaetten/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just been looking on the web and quess what I found an exact copy of my comment above on Dec 26th on "qashqai-passion.nl". My question is - is this a normal procedure to just poach stuff from other websites word for word - Steve can you answer this question - Thanks Dave :oops:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
E2A

Post by E2A »

I'm hoping this is what has happened to my QQ....
Coming home from work yesterday, while changing up from 5th to 6th, the gear lever movement became free. So here I was stuck in 6th and eventually had to pull over and call Nissan Assistance. They were most helpful and a tow truck came to take the car to a lockup and will be transferred to the garage tomorrow for repair.
Fingers crossed...
QQJ11 Tekna KAD Grey 130 1.6 2WD, Full options.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Just been looking on the web and quess what I found an exact copy of my comment above on Dec 26th on "qashqai-passion.nl". My question is - is this a normal procedure to just poach stuff from other websites word for word - Steve can you answer this question - Thanks Dave :oops:
Just had a look, they do reference "the English forum". I cant say I have not done the same, although I do reference the page where the information was gleamed from (IE the 1.2 oil loss thread from the JOG and Pulsar owners club),

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think there is much we can do about it other than keep an eye out on the site for any useful information that could come back our way.

Anywhoo, interesting fault, be interested to know what the fix is and why its limited to that range.... is this another example of quality control issues on the early build cars?
ijc999

Post by ijc999 »

After suffering the ball joint in the gear leaver mechanism popping out three times in as many weeks )RAC fixed it by the roadside on each occasion) I contacted a local dealer who said it was a known issue and to bring it in for repair.

They took about 30 min to do the actual perminant repair which they said involved drilling the gear leaver mechanism and putting a bolt through. They also told me to ignore any recall letter as one should be arriving soon they think