Qashqai 1 year on - after first service - Still same problem

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Mike Liverpool

Post by Mike Liverpool »

Previously reported numerous problems with EBS, Camera, Blind Spot, Park assist to name but a few. As these have NEVER been resolved by the dealer they were all reported again on its first service 2 weeks ago. Along with the following new problems of Drivers Seat belt not fully retracting, engine rattle or noise from under the bonnet and just recently a Key error warning stating wrong key inserted (impossible as its always opened the car and always in my pocket)
Summary of Faults;
1. Camera constantly bleeps and drives you mad
2. Emergency Brake Assist - does not work does not do anything, nearly ran into the back of someone on at least 4 occasions
3. Park Assist - damaged my lovely alloys when using park assist
4. Vibration under the bonnet - reported that the air intake filter was loose and rattling
5. Loss of power - rev counter needle fluctuates and you lose power then when it comes back in you get a power surge.
6. Drivers inertia reel belt not retracting
7. Key error warning.

After having the car a Full day (service was only 1 hour) this was the response from my local Nissan dealers.

1. No Fault found
2. No fault found
3. It is Park Assist not auto parking - they must think I am thick !!!!! the car moves itself and parks itself - you just hold the brake and change from forward to reverse etc - they say it cannot happen - tell that to the kerb it put me in to and damaged two wheels.
4. No rattle found
5. No fault found
6. No fault found
7. No fault found

I have come to the conclusion that it is a complete waste of time (both mine and there`s) requesting anything other than a service which incidentally they did not mark the tyre tread depth, supposedly compulsory on every service, nor did they reset the service interval indicator on my computer on board.

Next car will DEFINATELY NOT BE A NISSAN - This is supposed to be a £28,500 vehicle, top of the range with no extras available - the worst Nissan in over 32 years of owning Nissans in my life. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mike Liverpool

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

This seems to be an all to familiar story these days. Is your dealer part of a large franchise by any chance? I find these big dealerships have neither time or inclination to deliver customer service or try to resolve issues. Our Nissan dealership is a small family run business with three garages and there customer service is first class. I would always look for these smaller dealers where available.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Mike Liverpool wrote: Summary of Faults;
1. Camera constantly bleeps and drives you mad
2. Emergency Brake Assist - does not work does not do anything, nearly ran into the back of someone on at least 4 occasions
3. Park Assist - damaged my lovely alloys when using park assist
4. Vibration under the bonnet - reported that the air intake filter was loose and rattling
5. Loss of power - rev counter needle fluctuates and you lose power then when it comes back in you get a power surge.
6. Drivers inertia reel belt not retracting
7. Key error warning.
1. Generally a software update should fix this, have a search around on this forum, print off the relevant threads and go into the dealer armed with all the evidence!
2. Doesn't that mean it did work? You didn't hit the car in front and TBH if you've 'nearly' hit something four times I'd be spending a bit more time looking where you're going! ;)
3. It's park assist not auto park, when it boils down to it, ultimately you are in charge of the car. I do find mine struggles to pick up very low (sunken) kerbs and has put the edge of the wheel on the kerb but have had no problems when the kerbs have been 'normal' height.
4. Common fault, again there is plenty on info on here for you to take to the dealers and get them to sort that.
5. Not had this one myself so can't comment.
6. Not had this one myself so can't comment.
7. Get this one quite often, just dab the keyfob againt the buttong, that always sorts it, could be a few things, battery flat i the keyfob or your keyfob is in a pocket next to something interfering with it's signal, mobile phone etc.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mike, you seem to have your fair share of problems with your QQ that have not been solved, you are obviously one of the really unlucky ones, but why did you wait so long with these faults ?. I am of the same opinion as F1Bob where possible try to use small Dealers. We use a Family Business "Autohaus Wegener" that has in total now 7 Dealerships in and around Berlin, these are on the small side but the contact with the Staff is so much easier when you have questions or problems. OK we have had some minor problems nothing like you but in all cases the Dealer has handled it although I tend also to confirm all problems with NCS (Guarantee Reasons) who despite their criticisms appear to work OK over here for us. We have used our Dealer for our Note / Micra / Juke and QQ and would not hesitate to use them again for a new Nissan. Personally I hope you get your QQ sorted because when it is firing on all cylinders it is an enjoyable motor - All the Best Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken