wind sound when accelerating. 1.2 Dig-T

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
paplane

Post by paplane »

Muiramas wrote:
paplane wrote:I've got a 1.2. I haven't noticed the wind noise that you describe - I'm not saying there isn't one, just that I've never noticed it before.

What I have heard lately though is that there is a faint whistle type noise when I take my foot OFF the accelerator. I'm assuming that to be some kind of turbo related noise. Anyone have an opinion on if this is 'normal' too?
Hello, the whistle noise you hear is the waste gate, basically diverting exhaust gas from the turbo when you lift off to prevent it from stalling.
Thanks. That's reassuring. :D

lovecar

Post by lovecar »

Hi, is the sound still there or did you find a solution. 2 days back I have started to notice a similar kind or roaring or whining sound and it more visible when I accelerate above 40 and when the car is warmed up. on idle no such sound no matter how much I rev. it has so annoying that I can't talk to anyone on Bluetooth and the caller feels as if the window is open. Can someone please advise
manfong

Post by manfong »

Yes it's still there, took it to nissan dealer a couple of times for them to check it out and they told me it's normal it's just the turbo.
manfong

Post by manfong »

lovecar if you are taking it back to the dealer to get it check out and find a solution for it let me know. Cheers.
The only solution I have is to turn the radio up so I can't hear that noise.
lovecar

Post by lovecar »

How come the turbo sound aggravate after 4 yrs