Radiator Fan stays on after turning engine off.

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Yes this is normal behaviour for cars with electric fans which is another reason for disconnecting the battery before working on an engine
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.

fridgability

Post by fridgability »

Hi Zack

Just to add reassurance, this is normal not only for the QQ but any car with an electric cooling fan. The fan not only operates to cool the engine rad but also the air-con condenser. The fan will run until both the engine coolant has cooled sufficiently and the head pressure in the condenser is reduced. Try running without the Air Con on to see if that makes a difference.

We have a Dacia Duster (with the 1.5DCI engine) in Peyia near Pafos and the fan occasionaly runs on after switching off, although we havn't been In Cyprus when the temp is up in the 40's

It should not be difficult for a mechanic to check the fan thermostat and A/C pressure switch if you are still worried.

s
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

my 1.6 diesel auto tecna only does this in cold weather when driveing gently i tried the rads tempertures and they were very very cold but the turbo aluminium cover at the back of the engine was very hot it only happens if i drive and park with a touch like a midwifes fart so i tried reving up before switching off for 3 seconds at 3.000 revs and it stops . could it be that the turbo needs cooling as it seems to be the only thing warm?
brian
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Its normal, stop panicking, all engines do this.....end of!