Terrible MPG 1.6dci

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

When you are stationary the MPG gaugge should read zero my consumption over 6000 miles is 54.8 with a max on one trip at 75.5 mpgBig right foot and change up sooner.

El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Have you actually read the thread?
Geezso

Post by Geezso »

Maybe your dpf filter is clogged solid as that would require a regen to bring engine performance and fuel consumption into line.A common problem for low mile or short trip diesel drivers
2015 Qashqai 115 Dig T - Gun Metalic
2015 Note Dig S - Black
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Given 95% of my trips are 80+mph, 30-40 mile motorway blasts that's unlikely! Anyway it's fixed now, as posted on the previous page.
Geezso

Post by Geezso »

Good stuff
2015 Qashqai 115 Dig T - Gun Metalic
2015 Note Dig S - Black
Speedo

Post by Speedo »

I've had my 1.6dci Xtronic for 12 months and covered 24k miles at an average of 45 mpg. A mix of town and motorway. Seems quite reasonable. Contact Nissan direct if no luck with the dealer.

Post by alter »

Glad to see you've got the car fixed.Regarding consumption readings in mpg or lt/km, is kind of tricky to understand the first time you swap from one to the other. Is simple mathematics.
If car is idling and not moving in mpg: 0 miles/X gallons will always be 0 then the bar shows nothing.
Car idling and not moving in lt/km: "X"lt/0km is infinite, then the bar will be totally full to the right. QQ lacks a consumption reading while idling but staying still, which should be only in lt or gallons per time unit but not distance.
What is even more interesting, drive on a slope downwards until car shows no consumption in lt/km. or a full bar in mpg, then press the clutch. No matter how fast you go, once it's pressed, although RPMs decrease and car is rolling free, consumption increases and gets stucked, showing a little bit of the bar if it is set in lt/km or showing almost a full bar if in mpg. I assume the same happens in N for the CVT.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4x4 gunmetal