1.2 engine rattles at just over 2000rpm

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Karlyndon65

Post by Karlyndon65 »

Apparently it is a remap issue , I've had mine done stopped rattling from engine , but loads of rattles from rest of car

Martin2016

Post by Martin2016 »

My qashqai is only 10 months old took it to Nissan yesterday with a engine rattle went to collect it today was told the air box was loose started the car up heard the same rattle went back in asked for someone to come and listen to it now told it's the timing chain cars booked in they say minimum of a week to investigate not impressed on a 10 month old motor mines the digi tec 1.2 n tec + had the last model a 1.6 n tec + bullet proof in 3 years of motoring all I had done was 2 new tyres and 1 set of brake pads not impressed with this at all
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Currently experiencing similar problem (adding to a long list of problems) with my 1.2 with a metallic rattle coming from the left side of the engine towards the back. Happens about 2700 revs when under acceleration or as you can see in the video at 1500 when at a standstill. Sounds to me a lot more serious than heat shield but could be wrong. My engine has not had any oil loss problems.

Would those affected kindly view the vid to confirm if this is same problem you had please?

Obviously a trip to dealer is on the cards but I like to have an idea of the problem so they don't try and fob me off.

Video link https://youtu.be/75a8o8ct4uo
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Summerjunk wrote:Currently experiencing similar problem (adding to a long list of problems) with my 1.2 with a metallic rattle coming from the left side of the engine towards the back. Happens about 2700 revs when under acceleration or as you can see in the video at 1500 when at a standstill. Sounds to me a lot more serious than heat shield but could be wrong. My engine has not had any oil loss problems.

Would those affected kindly view the vid to confirm if this is same problem you had please?

Obviously a trip to dealer is on the cards but I like to have an idea of the problem so they don't try and fob me off.

Video link https://youtu.be/75a8o8ct4uo
Have a read of my thread I also have this problem and the dealer has had it in and said its the timing chain, my car has covered less than 2500 miles!

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4464
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Thank Jay, just come back from dealer, mine is also timing chain but a remap has sorted it (for now) apparently I need to monitor the situation for 2k to see if noise returns....
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Summerjunk wrote:Thank Jay, just come back from dealer, mine is also timing chain but a remap has sorted it (for now) apparently I need to monitor the situation for 2k to see if noise returns....
Another issue Nissan have manged to sort with mapping...........Amazing lol
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

And the noise returns! albeit not on the same level but i can tell it's coming back, if it is the timing chain I'd like it sorted before the warranty runs out! going back to the dealer for another cheeky remap no doubt !
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

Is not The plate between The battery an The engine?

Is was that On mine!
Like a heatingsheild
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Nah don't think so, my video is further up the thread? to be fair the noise did go after the remap
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

And....A new engine! Obviously the remap didn't work. One of the cylinders is causing increased oil consumption (although I've never topped it up so can't be that high) something mentioned about the level of compression in that cylinder. Picked it back up and will wait for the engine to be delivered to the dealer. I'm actually pleased because i felt like i had ocd going back every time i heard that noise.