CVT Engine braking

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Amos

Post by Amos »

Just left off from work jumped in the QQ and started to drive home and everything seems ok.
Got up to 60mph and drove for aprox 2 miles and then had to lift of the gas to slow down because I caught up with traffic. Normally when I lift off the Rev counter stays where it is and you get a bit of engine braking but today the Rev counter drops straight down to idle like I'm in neutral and the car is coasting at 55mph. Pressed the accelerator and the revs go up to about 2 and half thousand rpm and the car picks up speed. Lift off again and the revs drop to idle and I'm coasting at 60.
This happened for about 10 miles then I felt a little clunk and its back to normal i.e. You lift of at 60 and rpm stays at 1600 rpm and grandly drops as the car slows.
Going to video if it does it again to show nissan when it go's back in again next week

Lukeyluke

Post by Lukeyluke »

I think I have an option to turn the engine braking on/off. Yours seems to be on auto select Will play with it on the way home tonight because i have not tried it yet
Tekna, Xtronic, Black
Amos

Post by Amos »

Maybe can't recall seeing it though
It seemed to sort itself anyway ?Y?z