Unstable on cruise controll

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

You dont understand, I dont understand it and it seems jatco do not understand it If the gearbox was just a CVT without the step / gearchange feel then it wouldnt sell as well as it doesCustomers are concerned of the reliability of a CVT gearbox and want an automatic, where Nissan sell these as automatics and not CVTSimple as that call a mongrel a pedigree and you can sell it for a lot more as you competing against other pedigree maximise profits then when customers complain wathc the monty python dead parrot sketch and apply to customer

Speedo

Post by Speedo »

I have a 130 Tekna Xtronic with the following issues. Juddering gearbox on slow uphill climb when partial throttle is applied. Unstable on cruise - feels like it is 'hunting'. Has been into Nissan dealer for software refresh and no difference. Now raised with NTCE Cranfield for further evaluation as 3 more cars from same dealer showing exactly the same issues. And looking at this forum we're not alone ! Suggest you log your issue with both Nissan Technical through the global website NMGB-FleetCS@Nissan.co.uk as well as the dealer. best regards
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome Speedoas you can read this is well documented here and elsewhereHope you can use the info to help seperate the bullcrap of excuses your currently getting
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Whilst there is obviously a major problem here, I also think there is some wild statements being made. " they can't take out electronic steps because of emission controls" where is this from. " people want automatics but are worried about CVT" where is this from, some people done like the sound of a cvt but I am not aware of unreliability issues more than any other transmission series, I have had one for nine years with no problem I am not saying there isn't a problem here but it is a specific problem related to nissan. If I wasnt a member of this forum, which is the case with most people, I wouldn't even know there was a problem. My concern with Nissan is from comments here there customer service is awful whereas in my experience the customer service I received from Toyota was excellent.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Speedo

Post by Speedo »

For me this is escalated at dealer level and direct with Nissan. A mule vehicle is currently being worked on to replicate the issues with a view to obtaining a trace. Hope this happens as i am mighty teed off that I have this problem in a car 1 month old with 2000 miles on it.

Clearly this must have been a known risk issue at launch.

For me, if it's not dealt with the car can go back.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Kentishman"]Whilst there is obviously a major problem here, I also think there is some wild statements being made. " they can't take out electronic steps because of emission controls" where is this from. " people want automatics but are worried about CVT" where is this from, some people done like the sound of a cvt but I am not aware of unreliability issues more than any other transmission series, I have had one for nine years with no problem I am not saying there isn't a problem here but it is a specific problem related to nissan. If I wasnt a member of this forum, which is the case with most people, I wouldn't even know there was a problem. My concern with Nissan is from comments here there customer service is awful whereas in my experience the customer service I received from Toyota was excellent.[/QUOTE]Kentishman think before postingThe false gearchange feeling was a design concept when they sat down to make the gearbox as many customers dont like feel of CVT this is documented and boasted about in Nissan literatureThey cannot remove software because of emmisions tax bracket again read the Nissan literature if its removed you will pay more tax when new more tax in road fund and not be insured as the car is modifiedTheres enough owners now saying the same thing to safely feel free to say theres a problem and Nissan to date not fixing itPeople do refrain from buying CVT boxes this is accepted by all car manufactures but at same time a conventional automatic cannot compete with a CVT box for emmisions or economyThe car having artificial gearchanges was in the original brief when they designed the gearbox from day 1 it wasnt added later Nissan wanted a normal gearbox feel and CVT is just one long solo gearIf you feel a gear change then its artificial many links everywhere even on this thread have shown this from both Nissan and Jatco so to come on challenging this is sort of dumb
duncho

Post by duncho »

May be Nissan employee...?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
draggo

Post by draggo »

Now I am back from my local dealer in Estonia.They did some test during 3 hours and the verdict is:Test did not show that there is anything wrong with the gearbox. So no physical issues - that means that this is software related problem.They did software update and no changes.They informed the Nissan about my problem and now are waiting for their response.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

As I stated very clearly in my original post I have not challenged that there is a problem with nissan gear boxes. I challenged the statement if a car does not have artificial gear changes the tax goes up. If you are saying to remove it is a mod that I accept, I was asking why Toyota do not have a tax implication if nissan do. I also do not appreciate being referred to as dumb because I happen to question some of your statements.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
draggo

Post by draggo »

Yesterday, when I was on my way to work (25km) my QQ jumped up and down and did not drive smoothly at all. Nothing new there.But when I drove back to my home the car was just perfect! Drive was smooth and comfortable. Now I know why I did chose this car at the first place. :)I know it is not the same today, but it was a really nice drive.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect