Unstable on cruise controll

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
montimar

Post by montimar »

Does anybody know what percentage of owners have had a gearbox issue. Mine works perfect with no issues but I'm begining to wander if I'm driving a time bomb and it's just a question of time.The trouble is I'm a low mileage driver and any problem might not show for a couple of years.I love the car but dare I keep it beyond the warrenty period?
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver

Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Mine started at arond 9000 kilometers
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Donkey"][quote="Eddzilla"]That said, why not call everything in that has been sold for replacement before damage occurs, someone breaks down or worse has an accident. I've just lost my new car for a month to wait for a gearbox to be available and fitted/tested. Not acceptable.As for the software check, i don't beleive that they beleive that it will fix a single car. [/QUOTE]Until very very recently Nissan wouldnt even acknowledge a fault of any kindNow they wait until customer complains and fix only those they have toThey are not goin gto recall cars simply as it gives them more work, they will say some cars have them some dont (until they get them) simply as they still selling these units not in QQ but in other modelsThe QQ went into production with these faults they hoped sell em and well fix em later[/QUOTE]
Exactly! It couldn't have been said better!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
montimar

Post by montimar »

That would take me up to the first service next year. Maybe Nissan will have a permanant fix by then.Or maybe not.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Considering these faults have shown in Nissan gearboxs supplied by Jatco since 2006 id say its safe to say by next year it will be fixed ehIn its current form it cannot be fixed, the current CVT will not work with the electronics step they know this for 8 yearsThey will not remove the electroncis step as it invalidates the cars taxation bracket and Nissan wont prop up a compnay they own 75% of and redesign there cars to accept an out scourced gearboxThey will change the CEO of Jatco (and have done) who will order an inquiry and get hes workers to make it work and then change the CEO again and get him to make hes workers make this work (has also been done)
draggo

Post by draggo »

Are these gearboxes fired to the other Nissan models also? Maybe on new X-Trail or Murano? Are these problems on these models also?If so, then I think that none wants to buy any Nissan model ever again if they do not fix this problem fast. When I bought my new QQ they said that automatic models have really long list of customers waiting. There will be new petrol model with automatic gearbox also. Is this model another disaster already?I just can not believe that this big company can afford it to be so faulty! Have anyone at all had their car fixed by gearbox change or these problems come back again?
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Excuse my ignorance why does emissions rely on electronic steps, I thoght this software was put in because people didn't like the different engine noise on a cvt e.g prius. Personally I never had an issue with it. To,be honest I'm not sure I can hear any gear change steps on mine anyway.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="montimar"] I love the car but dare I keep it beyond the warrenty period?[/QUOTE]
You can extend the warranty period for a fee. It sounds like it could be good value for this model. Get it quick before they decide to withdraw the possibility or raise the price.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

They done that in USA extended the warranty to shut owners upWarranty is non transferable btw good luck resellingIf you can feel or hear your car changing gear then the step is working as CVT is a seemless single gearThey cant remove it as the raod taxing emmisions would be invalidated, no one can remove the software not even NissanThe murana every Nissan / Jatco box around world are basicly the same in design and workings, they wont spend billions on a gearbox for QQ and then again on Xtrail and Again on the 1.2 etc etcSO if you goole a problem on a Nissan in past few years that will have an association with yours
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

[quote="Donkey"] They cant remove it as the raod taxing emmisions would be invalidated, [/QUOTE]
I just don't understand why removing the stepping should affect emissions in a bad way.AFAIK, the stepping only deteriorates economy and increases emissions, as the box is not on the right transmission ratio all the time, but lingers on these steps.
1.6 dCi130 Xtronic Business 360