Unstable on cruise controll

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
duncho

Post by duncho »

I would like to know what causes this CVT fault. I guess it's rather electronic control module or hydraulic piston related than mechanical fault. Any ideas?duncho2014-10-24 08:19:55
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

draggo

Post by draggo »

[quote="duncho"]There is an update available for cruise controle module. Try to check whether RPM change while it kicks in/out. [/QUOTE]
Yes, RPM keeps also going up and down.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
draggo

Post by draggo »

[quote="Blackbox100"]thats also how mine started, you need a new gearbox[/QUOTE]
I have heard about problems with faulty Xtronic gearboxes and that Nissan have not found a solution to this problem. I really hoped that my new beautiful car is not the one with this problem, but it seems that it is.Have Nissan issued to the dealers the symptoms to gearbox problems? Otherwise I will be going to the dealer again and again with this problem until it brokes completely.Blackbox100 Did they change your gearbox? Didi it fix the problems?
draggo2014-10-24 11:48:37
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="draggo"] [quote="duncho"]There is an update available for cruise controle module. Try to check whether RPM change while it kicks in/out. [/QUOTE]

Yes, RPM keeps also going up and down.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you have gearbox problem not cruise control. When I reported my CVT issues, I was told by dealer that it's most likely as it should be. Professional response :)
I asked them whether that piece of precise engineering and workmanship Made in Japan has to break down completely until they start pay attention to it. I received no reply. Nissan Customer support in Germany was not interested on reported issues at al,l they haven't even replied to my email I sent 2 months ago. NISSAN Sales Central & Eastern Europe Customer support replied that they will talk to dealership where I booked my car in and instruct them to check up on my concern. I gave them a call before I brought it in, but they did not call them :)
What a lovely customer support :)

draggo

Post by draggo »

I just came back from local dealer. They said that it is known issue and they will test my gearbox next Thursday. As I know the man working far the dealer he said that this problem depends on each individual car. Some cars have it, some not. There is two possible fixes - one is gearbox software update and the other is new gearbox.I will let you all know what happens with my red beauty.
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

I will let you know monday, when my car is back from the desler, with the new gearbox if anything has improved, but i doubt it, since another user in denmark already had his gearbox replaced, and it only lasted a week then the problems came back
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

The Danish newspaper article mentioned that the fault had been pinpointed to a faulty oil pressure sensor. Why don't they change just that instead of software and/or the whole box?Is it really that stupid a design that the labour costs of changing the sensor exceed the material costs of a new box?
1.6 dCi130 Xtronic Business 360
duncho

Post by duncho »

It's simple answer on that. Nissan don't want to admit major fault on their side. Stupid sensor sounds still better than CVT which would breake their, already affected reputation.
Nissan will better not respond as tell the truth.

Just 2 examples:
- I bought OEM rubber mats which were not properly designed for Qashqai, Nissan said they are not genuine because I bought them on eBay not authorized dealer! They didn't accept original packaging and label with bar code and series.... OK.

- Then I was thinking about replacing existing antenna with shark fin design. Just that I avoid similar case I had with rubber mats, I bought original shark fin antenna for Qashqai J11 (KE280-99991) at Nissan dealer for a‚¬213. When I installed this, I realized it has no output for DAB radio, only FM. I rang the dealer and Nissan and wanted to return this expensive piece of "art" Made in Japan". Guess what, I still have it at home and no reply from Nissan. One lie after the other!

duncho2014-10-26 08:24:44

Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

I suppose if it is just the oil pressure sensor that has failed then there may have been some damage done to the CVT system so swappjng the CVT box would be fair enough.
That said, why not call everything in that has been sold for replacement before damage occurs, someone breaks down or worse has an accident. I've just lost my new car for a month to wait for a gearbox to be available and fitted/tested. Not acceptable.
As for the software check, i don't beleive that they beleive that it will fix a single car.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Eddzilla"]That said, why not call everything in that has been sold for replacement before damage occurs, someone breaks down or worse has an accident. I've just lost my new car for a month to wait for a gearbox to be available and fitted/tested. Not acceptable.As for the software check, i don't beleive that they beleive that it will fix a single car. [/QUOTE]Until very very recently Nissan wouldnt even acknowledge a fault of any kindNow they wait until customer complains and fix only those they have toThey are not goin gto recall cars simply as it gives them more work, they will say some cars have them some dont (until they get them) simply as they still selling these units not in QQ but in other modelsThe QQ went into production with these faults they hoped sell em and well fix em later