Unstable on cruise controll

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
draggo

Post by draggo »

Have anyone noticed that their Qashqai is a little unstable if it drives in cruise control?Mine just keeps little bit speeding and then just goes back again. It is like I was playing with the throttle. I think it should drive smoothly. It is not a big difference, but still annoying. I can see tachometer going up and down also.Have anyone had the same problem? Should I check it with my local dealer?
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect

paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Seems to work fine for me , do you have CVT or a manual box ....
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="draggo"]Have anyone noticed that their Qashqai is a little unstable if it drives in cruise control?Mine just keeps little bit speeding and then just goes back again. It is like I was playing with the throttle. I think it should drive smoothly. It is not a big difference, but still annoying. I can see tachometer going up and down also.Have anyone had the same problem? Should I check it with my local dealer?[/QUOTE]Let me guess you have the CVTcrikey they may of been delayed delivering these CVT but the complaints sure do come in thick n fast
Brill

Post by Brill »

I have the 1.6 diesel CVT and the cruise control works very well. I have a slight history with speeding tickets so I now use cruise control in 30/40/50 areas so I don't creep up on the speed. So I use it a lot and it is as good as the one on my Merc, ie very good.
1.6 DCI CVT Acenta Premium September 2014
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

"Let me guess you have the CVT
crikey they may of been delayed delivering these CVT but the complaints sure do come in thick n fast."

7 Weeks for delivery (4 months Late) due to supplier issues with the 1.6 CVT strangely enough and here we are.
draggo

Post by draggo »

I have automatic Xtronic gearbox.So noone else wit 1,6 dCi with Xtronic has noticed the same thing?Then to the dealer I will go.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
duncho

Post by duncho »

There is an update available for cruise controle module. Try to check whether RPM change while it kicks in/out.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
montimar

Post by montimar »

I use cruise control at 30 40 50 and 70 mph and it's rock steady at any speed with the engine revs following the road profile to maintain my set speed.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

[quote="draggo"] <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I have automatic Xtronic gearbox.</span><div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">So noone else wit 1,6 dCi with Xtronic has noticed the same thing?<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Then to the dealer I will go.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem initially. It is a lot worse now. See my link to video at 50mph on cruise. See the revs swinging by +1500rpm. My cars going in this morning after shutting down whilst miving at 20-30mph on the M6 yesterday.
This problem will deteriorate until the car is undrivable so get it booked in. Lets see if there is anything they can do???

http://vimeo.com/109872352
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

[quote="draggo"]Have anyone noticed that their Qashqai is a little unstable if it drives in cruise control?Mine just keeps little bit speeding and then just goes back again. It is like I was playing with the throttle. I think it should drive smoothly. It is not a big difference, but still annoying. I can see tachometer going up and down also.Have anyone had the same problem? Should I check it with my local dealer?[/QUOTE]
thats also how mine started, you need a new gearbox