Unstable on cruise controll

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Kentishman the stepping gearchange is linked to emmisions, its all MAP relevant if they were to remap things the cars taxation class changesIts no just Nissan all car manufactures strangle there cars with emmision saving devices hence why someone with a laptop can instantly improve MPG and performance with an aftermarket remap for couple hundred quid but your warranty and insurance fly out window soon as you do itNo car manufacture will allow it and neither will Nissan they will not even consider removing software or parts of it sadlyIf they fitted a straight CVT box then you got 1/2 a chance but trying to make the car feel like gears are changing is hit n miss on a good day, yes on paper they should be able to do it but clearly so far they proving they cant do itMost customers are un nerved by a long one gear feel, My old Jag XJ had such smooth gears it felt wiered and you had to see the revcounter move to notice gears

montimar

Post by montimar »

Donkey. I don't understand how the stepping gear change has any influence on emmisions other than make them worse. Surely a smooth operating CVT means you are always in the correct gear so better fuel consumtion and lower emmisions. One of the biggest changes to Gov emmisions was when the stop/start was introduced but that can be switched off ( The first thing I do after starting the engine ) in theory this should move me into a higher tax bracket. In practice I am getting around 60 MPG on proper fuelly checks and had no complaints from the taxman.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Lukeyluke

Post by Lukeyluke »

Less than one month on the road, 4000km, am having the same issues. Is getting worse by the day. Is a company car, so less bothered about the re-sell value, but if this is not sorted people will be giving their car's away in 3-5 years...Is a sad place to be with a new car....yes things happen, but this motion makes my passengers feel sick while I am driving on the motorway
Tekna, Xtronic, Black
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Agrea with you fully Montimar because I repeat Nissans stance dont make me believe itRemaps often make a car work better, and the stepping gearbox isnt just for emmisions as I said it was implemented so they could sell the cars as automatics rebranded rather than CVT which scare public awayBut I bow before the Nissan genius guys, they selling a faulty gearbox known for a decade rebadged and shoved into our QQ keeping lid on fault, then when it comes out stop selling them and make those waiting to buy the Xtrail or the 1.2 same gearbox keep sales and so it all starts againYou couldnt make up what they getting away with lol
draggo

Post by draggo »

Now I have been driving about 1000km after new software for the gearbox was installed.First two days the problem was still there.But now for a week I have no issues with the car! No issues at all!I even try to keep my eye on RPM to notice even smallest jumps, but I can not see any faults.My gearbox seems to be fine. I could not be happier!But when they call now from Nissan and offer a gearbox change? What would I do then?
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="Donkey"]Agrea with you fully Montimar because I repeat Nissans stance dont make me believe itRemaps often make a car work better, and the stepping gearbox isnt just for emmisions as I said it was implemented so they could sell the cars as automatics rebranded rather than CVT which scare public awayBut I bow before the Nissan genius guys, they selling a faulty gearbox known for a decade rebadged and shoved into our QQ keeping lid on fault, then when it comes out stop selling them and make those waiting to buy the Xtrail or the 1.2 same gearbox keep sales and so it all starts againYou couldnt make up what they getting away with lol[/QUOTE]
This is a new Jatco model, very different to the old versions. It has a lower ratio at the bottom and it is higher geared at the top. It has a lower oil level for even greater efficiency. New software to match.It seems that it was not tested enough before launch. Either its software, the lockup clutch mechanism, or the CVT itself, of even a combination of issues has resulted in a high level of unsatisfactory installations.No doubt it will either eventually be sorted or Nissan will be forced to abandon the use of the transmission completely. I'm betting that they will eventually get it right but that its reputation is already in tatters, therefore just who in their right mind would buy either a new or an used model in future?
Quacker2014-11-09 17:53:16
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I read its a new Jatco model but the faults seem exactly the sameNissan wont abandon this gearbox as they own 75% of Jatco, And yes they did stop making the 1.6 in the QQ but then threw it in the other modelsThey havent made a seperate gearbox for each engine variant or modelJatco are adamant and published quotes the fault does not lay in the gearbox but the software trying to electronicly impersonate gearchanges, ive read about oil pressure but feel Jatco might be rightThey dressing up a cow as a racehorse then wondering why it moos and dont produce milk