dCI 130 Xtronic gear change problem

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
draggo

Post by draggo »

I have 2014 Nissan Qashqai 130 dCi with Xtronic gearbox.But now I have a little question.Yesterday I had to accelerate pretty rapidly and I kicked down the throttle. It seemed that gearbox is stuck in 2 or 3 gear. It kept on that gear for about 5-7 seconds until it shifted to the higher gear.The car is pretty fast on accelerations and this is really scared me.Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Not too sure, as you say the car is pretty quick to accelerate and that traditionally was always done on an automatic by flooring the accelerator (to stay in a lower gear). I'll see what happens on the way home, if I get the chance.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
draggo

Post by draggo »

Today I tested it again to see on witch gear it stays for too long.To my surprise I could not make it to be stuck on any gear again.It just worked fine.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Sorry I had meant to get back - as you now say, it just works and certainly moves the car at a fair pace with plenty of confidence when it comes to overtaking.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Speedo

Post by Speedo »

I have a 130 Tekna Xtronic with the following issues. Juddering gearbox on slow uphill climb when partial throttle is applied. Unstable on cruise - feels like it is 'hunting'. Has been into Nissan dealer for software refresh and no difference. Now raised with NTCE Cranfield for further evaluation as 3 more cars from same dealer showing exactly the same issues. And looking at this forum we're not alone ! Suggest you log your issue with both Nissan Technical through the global website NMGB-FleetCS@Nissan.co.uk

/* */

as well as the dealer. best regards
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

So happy that my dealer agreed to cancel my deal, and take my 7 months old qq back
Speedo

Post by Speedo »

Hello - following on from earlier post - car is in for final diagnostic today. Likely outcome will be a gearbox replacement. Old gearbox to be returned to Nissan for strip down and analysis. Seems they do not know exactly what the issue is hence the replacement. Car is less than 5 weeks old with 2500 miles on it.
Amos

Post by Amos »

Mines going in next week with gearbox problems. Revs up and down, very jerky and some times no engine braking. I lifted off the other day and it was coasting at 60 with engine idling just like it was in neutral. Then 5 miles later it's ok again. Luckily I managed to video it yesterday so at least I can show them it next week