CVT and Fuel Consumption

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

By the way, car manufacturers have always stated cars mpg but majority of drivers hardly ever achieve the figures that are stated.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

nissanskyliner

Post by nissanskyliner »

[quote="Toffeeggs"]I've got the car and go out to enjoy it. Forget the mpg and just enjoy the car.Don't get hung up on the mpg if you cannot afford it then the answer is to get a smaller car. [/QUOTE]I honestly dont think buying a smaller car would save fuelLike for like (engine and transmission) in a smaller car wouldnt actualy get you more miles for smiles.I know every little helps and to be realy gentle and kind in driving might one day save a polar bear but in reality nursing every corner, dieting and maybe ripping out the rear seats in no one is sitting on them to save wieght etc will save you maybe £1 to has to be a fiver at most on a tankfullAny form of automatic gearbox will not be as cheap to run as a manual and I have a theroy on these modern dieselsIf you drive along nursing the car with low revs more soot builds up in the car resulting in the DPF regenerating more often, and as we know when the DPF regenerates all economys fly out the window with diesel bieng injected effectivly backwashing the system more than using up your fuel.Skipping along at a brisk rate is what our cars need blowing the cobwebs out consider all the eco driving as they say will need more regenerations than a motorway / distance driverDPF have been around years now and everyone knows when it regenerates then your economy suffers
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

OK Nissanskyliner, what I meant to say was'get a smaller sized engine' but I don't think that many people will be saving a polar bear in their life time no matter how they drive a diesel or petrol car.
The motive the manufacturer has, is to sell more cars. Thats why they tell you the car does 'x' amount of mpg that you will hardly ever achieve in your ownership of the car in question. Forget the mpg and go out and enjoy the bloody car. Chill out about it, it's only another polar bear Toffeeggs2014-09-30 09:36:15
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

Chill out about it, it's only another polar bear what a fantastic way of putting it :) ... Enjoy the drive or else go buy a Ampera
ukwebb2014-09-30 13:01:51
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
sunnydelightimy

Post by sunnydelightimy »

Wowww I feel pretty chuffed with mine now...i have regularly got 60mpg out of mine and my best has been 69mpg...but that was coz i was driving in 3rd gear on a 30 road which last about 10 minutes with no turns just stops and starts at lights.Must admit it is very sluggish in 2nd gear, but in 3rd and especially 4th it really shifts.Just to add...initially i did have a problem with mine but i have been on real long drives and real give it some which seems to have magically tune the engine better....ps i have done 4000miles in 3 months
Regards

Imy
nissanskyliner

Post by nissanskyliner »

Lol all the polar bear warriers defeat there point when you think the emmissions made when building a new car Ive just completed 500 miles in the new renault clio 1.5 dci same engine as the Qashqai and has what they call a EDC gearbox but its automaticHave to say theres a remarkable similarity with the cars but the car is telling me (no idea as said earlier on how accurate I am that im covering 48 mpg with all of it A road drivingIts nippy to 50 mph but something feels wiered if your on a motorway and kick down from 50 the rev counter jumps the engine makes more noise you get a brief sort of feeling of power then it just sort of increases you cant call it kick downAlthough same engine when cars are put side by side the Qashqai sins hands down in every department other than renault now painting there cars some wicked colours
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

'other than renault now painting there cars some wicked colours'Must say I do agree, their colours are quite something, you'll gather I like red the Renault red is very special
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.