CVT and Fuel Consumption

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

I was thinking the same. Maybe the Sat Nav knows some fantastic short cuts.
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Oops. Stupid keyboard doesn't like double taps. 1000 miles. Doh.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

In response to the original message here about the box being in 5th when you change to manual, I tried this today and found that as you select manual the revs rise and you are in 5th but if you change up to 7th and go back to auto then the revs remain constant. My deduction is therefore that the box is in auto 7th but changing to manual drops it 2 ratios.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
hobo22

Post by hobo22 »

Refence first postHi have just returned from a 2 month 7000+km tour of Europe, England and Scotland.my 10 week old 1.6 cvt Tekna is showing an average 5.8lt/100kmthere is 8456km on the clock, well please with the car and fuel consumption
1.6 Tekna CVT Pearlescent White 17" wheels
Eziv2730

Post by Eziv2730 »

[quote="hobo22"]Refence first postHi have just returned from a 2 month 7000+km tour of Europe, England and Scotland.my 10 week old 1.6 cvt Tekna is showing an average 5.8lt/100kmthere is 8456km on the clock, well please with the car and fuel consumption [/QUOTE]
Yes, except that the car lies about its consumption -- as nearly all do. I have an app where I put the actual fuel consumption -- from full tank to full tank and measure the kilometres I did in between. My Nissan Qashqai 1.6 CVT constantly underestimates the consumption by 0.5 litres! Still, could be worse. Lexus, for instance, (from my experience) is even more imprecise in this regard.
White J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

I think that 0,5 litres is not an acceptable amount of inaccuracy. It is a clear fault that should be fixed.I've had so far only one full tank to full tank and I got 6,2 l/100 km while the car showed 5,3. That means that about 9 liters of diesel have leaked out of the tank without going through the fuel injection system. Another option is that there is a bug in the software calculating the consumption incorrectly, about 14% less than reality.This must be an error in the software (or a leak in the tank), as there is no reason for deliberately programming the trip computer to show heavily underestimated values. This will not increase sales or customer satisfaction, it only annoys users and renders the whole system useless.
1.6 dCi130 Xtronic Business 360
duncho

Post by duncho »

Common, this is nothing unusual and European car manufacturers were cheating this way for years just to show better fuel consumption to their customers. In EE this is not controlled / forbiden like in US, they know it and use it.
None of the cars I owned was accurate. New Qashqai shows about 0,5l fuel consumption less, old Qashqai showed 0,7l difference. The best results had US company car Chevrolet Impala which showed only 0,2l diference. Ask yourself a question, why Nissan did not program it to show worse fuel consumption results?
So it's not fuel leaking, it's manufacturer's cheating! duncho2014-09-29 08:06:38
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

what is the name of the app please steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
duncho

Post by duncho »

If you mean smartphone app for keeping fueling record and real consumption calculation, I use "Gas Cubby" for iPhone.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I doubt anyone would be able to come up with a 'better' system, we all seem to drive differently so an artificial system no matter how flawed has to be better, just a pity they can't all be wrong by an equal amount which would at least make the comparison between cars valid. If only to make the point our guy from Kirkcaldy seems to regularly beat the official figures whereas others, myself included, struggle to hit 40mpg. Much better than my BMW 330d that's for sure!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.