1.2 DIG-T for manual and Xtr have different specs!

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Turkkinen

Post by Turkkinen »

Hey check this out:Xtronic has less power? Why on earth since the drivetrain does eat some of the umph up?!Im not excited at all. If something, it should be a tad more powerful to compensate the loss of drivetrain.So this is what Nissan.fi -site says:DIG-T 11585(115)@4500rpm190nm@2000rpm0-100: 10,9 secDIG-T 115 Xtronic85(115)@5200rpm <- @ higher rpm165@1750rpm <- this is significantly lower0-100: 12,9 sec <- come on! two seconds!?I got to say that waiting for my Petrol Xtronic is not that optimistic anymore.

Turkkinen2014-09-07 16:09:50

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

There can be 2 figures quoted when speaking power output.. There is power at the flywheel... this is where a measurement of power is taken directly from the engine Then there is power at the wheels. This is where a measurement of power is taken at the wheels. Every car will have "transmission" losses, its the resistance that is added when power is transferred through the gears. I am not quite sure what Nissan use to be perfectly honest, although its fairly common for them to use flywheel figures to make the figure look better on paper... It is quite common for engines with auto and manual boxes to have different power outputs and different power bands. They will tune the engine output for the gearbox for optimum performance/economy and drivability. An alternative is that sometimes the engines are actually different in design and offer different characteristics. Usually you will get a different engine code (so although its a 1.2 DIG-T, they could be 2 different engines with the same direct injection turbo setup, and 1.2 in colume), but sometimes they can use the same engine code for 2 models. A perfect example of this is the SR20DE and SR20DET engines which came in many different flavours over the time offering different performance and fitment.
Turkkinen

Post by Turkkinen »

I emailed a question to the dealer, maybe he can lighten up the subject a bit more. To me it does not make sense to have less power in a car that has a transmission that eats up some of the power. 2 seconds loss in acceleration? That£s ages in real life. I tested the Xtronic diesel and the petrol with manual and tried to come up with an idea how the Xtronic with petrol engine would be like, but this seems like a nightmare. Im going to be stuck with a moped for the next many years. Oh no.
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

There's a way out of it, but it will cost you a couple of thousands. Switch to diesel. I bet your dealer would be happy to change the order. An additional plus would be for you to get your car quicker (and the dealer would get more money and quicker). My reason for choosing the diesel was mainly because of the long delivery time of the petrol Xtronic. But when I got the car I have been very happy with its performance. The 0-100 figure isn't anything special (11,1), but there's some real life torque-based acceleration that you can feel in your butt.The annual fuel costs with current Finnish fuel prices and diesel tax is roughly the same with 15000 km per year.
1.6 dCi130 Xtronic Business 360