1,6 DCI Broken CVT or engine?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

hi allover the past month my 2014 cvt 1.6 dci has starting to get weird, yesterday when cruising with cruise control on at 90 Km/h for a long stretch of time, the whole car started shaking and making a very loud rattling noise, after a while the check engine light came on, i then decelerated and the engine went fine again and the light went outi experienced the same about a month ago, where i took it to the dealer, who has booked me for an appointment next weektoday i got into the car, and it immediately started shaking and acting up, see video, and i went straight to the dealer where one guy mentioned that they have heard about this before, and it sounded like the transmission was defective, and the gearbox needing to be changed, one other guy meant that it was the software for the engine, and when they started the car again, the issue was gonewhat do you guys think, engine software or dead transmission?i have posted 2 videos on youtube if you listen carefully on both videos, you can hear the sound, while the sound is there, the whole steering wheel is shaking and the car is loosing powerhope this makes sensesorry for the bad video, but i shot them while drivingsincerelyCarsten LarsenDenmarkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWMHeUNXQo&fea ... e=youtu.be