Cruise control always 1mph above limit?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi

Wanted to see if this was just an 'undocumented' feature or a glitch specific to my car.

When I set the cruise speed, the car will always sit at 1mph above that speed (e.g. 70mph, car speedo reads 71mph). Seems the same for the speed limiter too.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD

john w

Post by john w »

Yep mines the same
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

That's OK - just as long as you're not driving in Spain!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

FYI. This appears to have been resolved after the ECU patch was applied to mine to fix the stuttering when cruising at certain speeds.
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Mine sits dead on the set limit. The only variation is temporarily as car adjusts to inclines/declines.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

What I have noticed, as I'm also running my TomTom, is that the speedo is consistently 3-4mph over the actual speed, so I've been setting 73mph to actually do 70mph.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
montimar

Post by montimar »

Same with my Speedo/TomTom. I think it is by law speedo readings have to be within 0 to +5%. a negative value is not allowed.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

The legal is 10% out.Most of my older Nissan's I have had have been 10% out (Primera, 200sx, Almera), however the newer cars seem to be ~5%. My 1.2 also has a "+1mph over cruise control set" as well
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

I get +1 and sometimes +2 kph more (you only notice this if you're on the digital speedo readout though) looking at the dial it seems spot on!
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

All speedometers show a variable from the norm. The only ones that don't are the ones they used to use in police traffic cars which were calibrated every week or so and a certificate of sort was issued by the police garage to be able to prove to the court that the speedo was calibrated and was in range. Digital technology has now made that redundant.All police forces allow a ten percent error on the speedometer regardless. So if you are doing 50kph they allow 55kph and so on. However, once you hit the magical 56kmh the fine starts at 50kmh with no allowance for the speedo error. Here the fine is pro-rata the speed you were recorded at.TomToms are using the GPS system to work out your speed. There is an error in all GPS systems to within so many feet depending on the system you are looged on to. Police use radar and laser technology. VASCAR -Visual Average Speed Computer and Recorder-, which gives an instantaneous readout so there is a difference.If you want to be sure set the cruise to the speed limit and leave it there. You will not get a fine that way, unless of course you are going down hill because the cruise control does not apply braking so you may exceed the speed limit. That is why the police like to sit at the bottom of hills!!
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin