STICKY: 1.6dci Misfires Misses a Beat

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

Hi, not sure if this question has been answered before, but has Nissan managed to find a cure for this? I have a 2014 QQ 1.6 Diesel Premier Limited Edition 4WD and am experiencing this problem at the moment. I took it in to Nissan last week, and surprise surprise, they had never heard of this issue and found nothing when they put it on test. Annoyingly it didn't do it either when I took the technician out for a half hour test drive to try and show him myself. I've booked it in again for next week so I'm hoping that by now a cure has been found, because apart from this issue (and the fact that the 12v plug behind the gear stick, is not switched on and off by the ignition), I do like the car! Any update would be appreciated

El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Nope, mine still does it and I've given up with the dealers.

I tend to drive around the problem now but I won't buy another Nissan
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Lighter socket is permanently on by gear stick; not a fault.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

Hi, Thanks for the replies. That's certainly a worry that after all this time Nissan haven't sorted this. I can't understand how this hasn't got into the mainstream news as they keep telling us the car has been the best seller for the past two years. A lot more people will soon be experiencing the aggravation and concern. I for one wouldn't have bought this car had I known about this problem.

Do any of the 12v plugs, USB connectors or other work on the ignition switch? I use them for my car cam and have to keep either switching them off manually or pulling the 12v plug out of the socket. I'm really worried about forgetting it and draining my battery overnight because the cameras stay on all the time if I don't!!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The USB port and 12v socket in the central console are ignition-switched. although with a delay switching off due to also being on the courtesy light system timer.

Best to take a dedicated output from the fusebox behind the glovebox.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

Thanks for the info Hound, much appreciated.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Although we're straying a bit from the original question about a misfire, there is a very good thread about hardwiring a dashcam here by jonceebee:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981

I used this piggyback connector: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221696218978

And a 12v plug extension like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351427794998
(I just cut the wire half way so I have a plug for any future projects)

I stole the spare 5A fuse for the cam but bought a pack of 12 assorted fuses for £1.59.

Be sure to turn the piggyback the opposite way up in jonceebee's pic (you'll see why if you read the entire thing)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

Cheers Thanks again
Lineman

Post by Lineman »

Hi Sticky,
Mine used to do the exact same, usually when driving on motorway at constant throttle just cruising. The engine would give a slight cough (misfire) just once at around 20min into the journey. My dealer in Ireland said that they knew all about the fault and the car needed a software update. The upgrade took most of the day to download but it has been 100% successful. They also upgraded the software on the Nissan Connect, which sometimes locked up completely and would refuse to do anything. I am now on my way back to the dealer as the drivers side heated seat has stopped working on the High setting!
1.6 dci SVE (Tekna) Ireland. 19" diamond cut alloys changed for 17" Powder coated Black.
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Lineman, is yours 4WD?

It would be helpful if you could find out what the software update was called, almost 18 months I've lived with this problem and the dealer keeps telling me that yes they know about it but no, there's no fix. Unfortunately this thread got completely diluted with the CVT problem which is different.