STICKY: 1.6dci Misfires Misses a Beat

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
ballboysdad

Post by ballboysdad »

I've had to live with this since April 14. My 1.6 4WD has been in several times and I think they managed to stop the misfire at 68mph but introduce it at 53mph. I.e. at the steady cruising speeds. My South Yorkshire dealers always pretend no knowledge of the problem so everyone of us must be making it up. With this and the spurious Warning faults I am less than impressed. Back to Honda CRV's for me.
jh

Lineman

Post by Lineman »

Hi Sticky,
No, mine is 2WD. I have no idea what the upgrade was called. It was carried out around a year ago now and as I have said, it has been totally successful.
1.6 dci SVE (Tekna) Ireland. 19" diamond cut alloys changed for 17" Powder coated Black.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Lineman wrote:Hi Sticky,
No, mine is 2WD. I have no idea what the upgrade was called. It was carried out around a year ago now and as I have said, it has been totally successful.
Same with me, fixed a year ago by ECM update, but issue came back in August this year. However, now it is a bit different, it misfire only when engine is cold and under load at normal RPM (driving uphill)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

ballboysdad wrote:I've had to live with this since April 14. My 1.6 4WD has been in several times and I think they managed to stop the misfire at 68mph but introduce it at 53mph. I.e. at the steady cruising speeds. My South Yorkshire dealers always pretend no knowledge of the problem so everyone of us must be making it up. With this and the spurious Warning faults I am less than impressed. Back to Honda CRV's for me.
That's what the dealer told me they'd done so advised not to have it done. :roll:
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

duncho wrote:Same with me, fixed a year ago by ECM update
Yours is CVT, it's a similar but different issue to the one that seems to affect the 4wd versions
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

I took my 1.6 dci 4x4 in for another check over a week ago and once again was told that they couldn't re-create the fault, but they also told me that they had carried out an ECM software update, which my car apparantly needed. Touch wood, ever since this was done, I haven't experienced the missing a beat / missfiring problem, so I am happy for now. Will update this if anything changes.
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

GAZZECK, is your car still good? Is there any chance you can find out exactly what the update was?
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

Hi El Brilliante, sorry only just got back from holiday. Yes my car is still working fine (thankfully!!). I'm not sure exactly what software update was called, I was just told it was an ECM update. I'm taking my car in for its second year service Friday, I'll try and find out for you.
GAZZECK

Post by GAZZECK »

Update: Took my car in for its 2 year service today. I asked them what the ECM Update number was but was told that they just had a zip file that Nissan had issued them to install. I asked for the zip file name but they wouldn't give me the details. I'm sorry El Brilliante it seems they want to keep the secret to themselves!!
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

What a sorry sack of shit they are. I really can't wait to get shot of it and get something else!