Thermostat.

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Hazeandfizz

Post by Hazeandfizz »

Hi all,

New here on the forum but have just encountered our first issue with our 2 month old Qashqai N-Connecta 1.5 dci.
Just popped into town and noticed the temperature gauge didn't move for over 15 minutes. Has anyone else had any thermostat issues, I've checked coolant levels and that all looks perfect. Even after arriving home the temperature level was not at its normal mid point.

Regards,
James.

Geoff Wilby

Post by Geoff Wilby »

Same problem with mine. I've taken it in twice and was told the diagnostic checks say everything is working ok. Going back in on Thursday!
Hazeandfizz

Post by Hazeandfizz »

OK so we've been told it's a cracked water pump by our local Nissan dealer. Needs a new water pump and cambelt fitting, 12th October. Been told it's safe to drive in the meantime, don't see how this can be a cracked water pump.
Also emailed Nissan UK on Friday to ask for technical help and not had a reply yet!
I'm sure these cars must have some kind of electrical heater to warm the coolant up, can anyone confirm this?
Regards,
James.
Hazeandfizz

Post by Hazeandfizz »

Keep us posted Geoff.
Geoff Wilby wrote:Same problem with mine. I've taken it in twice and was told the diagnostic checks say everything is working ok. Going back in on Thursday!
simpshome
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by simpshome »

Does anybody know if there is a general issue or fault with the thermostats?

Maybe even an acknowledged fault and or recall to replace it? Reason is the car has only done 45,000 mile and we had to spend nearly £500 to have a new thermostat replaced etc after it went faulty. I would have thought that with a modern car, 4 year old car, low mileage, that the thermostat should have lasted longer then 45,000 miles! Can / should I take it up with Nissan directly to obtain a refund, I think it is unacceptable for a car with 45,000 miles to suffer this kind of fault and makes the car look unfit for for purpose....

Any thoughts please, anyone had the same happen, anyone claimed against Nissan?

Thank you
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Aside from the recent thermostat housing issues reported here I've not seen any other 'general failures' reported here other than mine. I have a 2019 Tekna 1.3 petrol whose thermostat behaved like yours. As this happened during the 3 year warranty from new it was replaced free of charge. This happened when the car had 22k miles on the clock.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)