Chrome Finishers poor

Bodywork & Interior problems
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

We had chrome finishers: back, front and side fitted as options when we bought the car.Front lip finisher literally fell off in the supermarket car park, we only spotted it as car was facing out so it was on the floor as we walked towards it.Very rude woman at dealership at first did not want to know, said was not covered under warranty, soon changed attitude when informed of our rights.anybody else had this issues ,car less than 3 months old.1.5 dci accenta premium black ,some trim!!

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I'm a bit concerned about this I had various bits of chrome added at order time, when the car was delivered all the bits were in the boot awaiting fitting by the dealer which they did before delivery. I then found 3 tubes of primer in the boot which they had not used. When I fitted the wind deflectors myself there was 2 x sachets of alcohol primer and 2 x tubes of primer, the instructions stated: Clean all parts with alcohol, wait until dry, apply primer to all parts, when dry remove backing from 3M tape and carefully fit. If the primer has not been used I can see the trims working loose, I am keeping an eye on them all.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, you have Hit the Nail on the Head with your comment. The art of installing any of these Trims using Templates etc is the preparation, you should read and re-read the instructions. The surface preparation is the important part clean with alcohol, primer correctly, removal of the Double Sided Tape, positioning and time, do not rush any of it.
Our Dealer and myself installed all of the Chromed / St.Stl. / colored parts on our Juke and there are a few and nothing has ever come loose or fallen off - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Agree surface preparation is the key, not forgetting to have a hair dryer to hand.For others contemplating fitting these accessories, the dryer is for use on target surfaces, if ambient temperature low.Additionally I always heat the chrome accessories once fitted, along whole length whilst firmly pressing against bodywork.The heat assists in reactivating the adhesive/ making more sticky, and no washing of those parts of car for 24 hours
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
NITKS

Post by NITKS »

Purchased a Tekna with a few added chrome bits, including a 'front lip finisher' (£130)........Fell off, dealer does not want to know! You mentioned 'MY RIGHTS', can you let me know what my rights are so I can tackle the dealer again. Many thanks
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As mentioned above it is normally down to the preparation and who does the installing of these parts. After 15 months nothing externally has "Fallen Off" and if you bought Nissan OEM Parts normally the cost of installation is included in the cost - so get back down to your Dealer to get the part correctly installed. Now funnily enough both our Rear Internal Sill Protectors have "Fallen Off" but I believe this was caused by the Detachable Platforms hitting or catching on them when lifting them. For me just a DIY job - clean and new double sided tape - Dave :shock:

DSC00713 - Kopie.JPG

P1050905 - Kopie.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Purely in terms of customer satisfaction /reputation they should fix; the instruction leaflet (which you probably didn't see) that comes with these Nissan parts, states only guaranteed when fitted by Nissan.
That's clearly an unlawful exclusion in law, but in your case, as they fitted this is covered under the Nissan guarantee anyway. 8-)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D