Shake Rattle and Roll

Bodywork & Interior problems
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

Thought I would post an update - been a really frustrating time for me.First off, i love the car, i really do. BUT........................Picked it up in May, its spent more than 2 months of that time in the garage. Issues ranging from broken seals on the crankshaft, replacement "velocity joint"?, white stains on the plastic panels at the bottom of the doors, 3 attempts to get the door stills to stay on but the major issues are the rattles. I sometimes feel like i am being pedantic about this but a 28k car that makes more noise than my 13 year old Golf, my Mrs run down Corsa and a mates Fiesta that is a month away from the scrap yard.The car has been in the garage 4 or 5 times for the rattles, sometimes it comes back worse. I have rattles from the door panels, dashboard, area around the front speakers, glove box, failed ABS sensors causing complete car melt down, broken and replaced rear view mirror, engine rattle (fixed now, sapped tie wrap on a pipe for the air con and sometimes on the bumpy roads in my area the entire dash bangs around....!I have been told that all areas have been removed and "packed" i have tried silicon spray etc etc. Still the same. It is a company lease and the lease company have been great but everytime i turn up at the dealer i can see the look of despair on their faces and am sure a few of the mechanics really dont like me much but i pay a lot of money for this car and i just dont think that it should be this noisy.I have now removed the dealer from the equation and gone to Nissan CS, i got a message to call them back but the guy is never available.My mates now joke about my car and whats more frustrating is the relief cars i get whilst work is being done, Juke, Qashqai etc are all perfect just like mine was for the first 2 weeks.I just want to drive my car not listening out for more rattles.Rant over - boy that felt good!!!!!

questy

Post by questy »

I have the same rattle issues, I have been in touch with Nissan UK for a few months to be honest as good as useless. The car is back to the dealer on Tuesday for the 7th time in 4 months I don't hold much hope. I also love the car but its been such a bad experience I will never touch another Nissan again
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

I'm also getting a fair few rattles and some other minor issues. It has been back to the dealers 4 times since I picked it up on the 8th Oct. To be honest my experience is no worse than with my previous car (a Tiguan), which was back to the dealers many times.I'm not excusing Nisan, my one dealing with their CS was an appalling experience. The dealer said a part supplied by Nissan was faulty but they would not accept that and claimed the dealers technicians had installed it wrong. Eventually the dealer proved beyond all shadow of a doubt it was faulty but they had to purchase the replacement because Nissan would still not replace it. It must have been broken by the technician who installed it was their response.For reference it was the Nissan official auto closing mirrors kit. I did not deal with Nissan directly, my dealer was feeding back reports from their dealings with Nissan CS on my behalf.I was told that getting Nissan to accept a warranty repair charge was like getting blood from a stone. Their first response is usually "the owner is driving it wrong". Overall impressed with the QQ, just not remotely impressed by Nissan.
MJCQQ2014-12-05 08:09:58
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

We have just the one rattle (are we lucky or what!) its a metallic chinking noise like keys on a ring. If I push along the join between the bottom of the Connect system and top of the aircon display screen it stops. Anybody else have this one?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="F1 Bob"]We have just the one rattle (are we lucky or what!) its a metallic chinking noise like keys on a ring. If I push along the join between the bottom of the Connect system and top of the aircon display screen it stops. Anybody else have this one?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I have that rattle and when I demonstrated it to the dealer he said he couldn't hear anything. So I still have that rattle. I removed the aircon console and added some padding but it didn't help. I suspect it is something well inside the dash.
Benw84

Post by Benw84 »

MJCQQ & F1 Bob.This sounds like the heat shield problem mentioned earlier in this topic. Have a read back through & you should find it.I'm getting mine in January & am already considering making a list of faults on here so I'm ready to tick them off as & (inevitably it seems) when they happen.
1.5 dCi Acenta Premium in Pearl Black
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Benw84, you have the right attitude ! ?Y?† when I first moved out to Berlin my Div. Mgr. kept mentioning the word " Matrix" and this turned out to be a Check List of planned actions, comments and when these actions were signed off. I still use this system and I actually done what you have mentioned after reading the Forum I prepared a list, for me it was the relevant points that arose a lot. The Dealer thought that this "English Guy" was a pain in the Butt but we got a QQ which at present has no problems (I did keep on their back with regular visits also) and now they know what to expect but I will be fair and say that problems might well arise later - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
dani87

Post by dani87 »

I have had one like this. You can pull the ac panel out. Deeper into the console on the right is a relay. I have found this just touching the plastic causing noise. Worth having a look?
battboy

Post by battboy »

My rattle is near the front of the front passenger door/dashboard but only when the car is cold. When the car warms up it goes away. Only started happening when the winter/cold weather started. Any ideas guys?
Nightshade Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT. Delivered October 2014
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

As mention probably the heatshield, a common problem easily & quickly fixed, it is below around about the passengers feet. Pop into the dealer I'm sure they've done a few.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2