Shake Rattle and Roll

Bodywork & Interior problems
simorton

Post by simorton »

I to have the rattle coming from the dash/air vent did you manage to resolve yours? what was the fix?

questy

Post by questy »

I have had this problem since the car was new in July I have lost count how many times it has been in I guess 8-10, My garage has had the dash out all together , door cards off, glove box changed , I had a broken clip on the air intake pipe a section of pipe had to be replaced but it still rattles. I have been dealing with Nissan customer services who tell me its up to the garage to diagnose the problem , my garage has washed there hands with it and customer services tell me to go to car codes . after talking to a guy at Car Codes he informed me that it would be up to a judge to make a decision but a rattle is not a serious problem. Anyone with a problem needs to call customer services as complaints in numbers is the only way to make Nissan listen
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Sound like atrocious service Questy, perhaps these dealers who don't appear to know how to solve problems should be named and shamed to stop others buying their cars from them.Rattles seem to be a problem on all modern cars , but there should be no excuse for fixing them, up to 10 visits is not acceptable and I can't understand why they are removing so many parts, dashboard, door cards etc., surely they must be able to trace where the sound is coming from before removing so many components.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Most cars have the odd rattle or two, even new cars. Over time some will disappear, some will remain. The question is, what is acceptable? Some adopt the zero tolerance stance, but in my eyes this is just being over picky. My opinion, that's all. Women have funny ways, but that doesn't stop you marrying them, does it!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

[quote="gvmdaddy"]Women have funny ways, but that doesn't stop you marrying them, does it! [/QUOTE]
I've got one that rattles but is out of warranty .
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Mine dosn't rattle at all - perhaps I'm not shaking her hard enough! ?Y?‡
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
applegarth

Post by applegarth »

[quote="Amos"]Mine went back to have the rattles sorted and in all fairness nissan did sort it........... For a while. The rattles seem to come and go. Yesterday it was rattle free but today there is a rattle from the rear and drivers door. It's really annoying :-( Just a shame because the car is really good apart from the rattles[/QUOTE]
Its an old post now but I've just seen it. I had a rattle constantly on the motorway from the reardriverside door. I traced it myself after been chauffeured up and down the motorway for an hour. There are a couple of cables that look like bike brake cables with the covers that go up inside the panel (i cant remember if its the one between front and rear doors or at the back of the rear doors) but they vibrate against each other constantly, I taped them together and fixed that one myself - the plastic trim in front peels off easily and pops back being held by the door rubbers.S
applegarth2015-02-18 14:42:35
QQ 1.5 dci in Ink Blue
fletchphoto

Post by fletchphoto »

[quote="F1 Bob"]We have just the one rattle (are we lucky or what!) its a metallic chinking noise like keys on a ring. If I push along the join between the bottom of the Connect system and top of the aircon display screen it stops. Anybody else have this one?[/QUOTE]
Did you find the source of this rattle Bob? I have the same on mine. Push on the connect/aircon and it stops. Dave
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="fletchphoto"][quote="F1 Bob"]We have just the one rattle (are we lucky or what!) its a metallic chinking noise like keys on a ring. If I push along the join between the bottom of the Connect system and top of the aircon display screen it stops. Anybody else have this one?[/QUOTE]Did you find the source of this rattle Bob? I have the same on mine. Push on the connect/aircon and it stops. Dave[/QUOTE]I had this rattle. I brought it back to the dealers and they said they couldn't find a problem. They confirmed it had a rattle but couldn't fix it. I fixed it myself by removing the aircon control panel (right below the connect system) and putting some packing foam between where the unit sits and the metal contraption right behind it. It is this metal part that rattles, so wedging it has reduced the rattle significantly. Only if I go over a very rough bump will it rattle.Some plastic trim removal tools are good enough to remove this unit. You should see the brass coloured metal unit that is causing the rattle. Simply use some packing foam that is large enought that is will be wedged between the metal frame and the aircon control unit.NOTE: Contrary to this image, please make sure to put the trim removal tool in the gap furthest away from the steering wheel. That way when you apply leverage you are unlikely to damage the steering wheel leather.
MJCQQ2015-08-14 13:33:15
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="fletchphoto"][quote="F1 Bob"]We have just the one rattle (are we lucky or what!) its a metallic chinking noise like keys on a ring. If I push along the join between the bottom of the Connect system and top of the aircon display screen it stops. Anybody else have this one?[/QUOTE]
Did you find the source of this rattle Bob? I have the same on mine. Push on the connect/aircon and it stops. DaveYes, much as described above. The dealer removed the aircon control unit and packed it with foam and no problem since.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze