Shake Rattle and Roll

Bodywork & Interior problems
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

This is not a moan, more a quest to see if anyone else has had the same.Car was great for the first 2 weeks and then the dash, near and far side started rattling. Then the engine or dash (yet to be confirmed) rattles at about 1500 revs in 1st and 2nd, then 2000 in 3rd. Very loud and distinct.Already had to have a drive-shaft replaced as well!!!!Been to the dealers 4 times now and they keep saying its fixed until I get in it in the car park and its still doing it. Just back from 3rd drive with a mechanic proving it is still there to be told they now need to speak to Nissan to authorise the removal of the dashboard and car to be with them for a minimum of 3 days : (I LOVE this car, every time i drive it i have a big smile on my face but to be in the garage more times than 51 plate Golf has in 2 years in 3 weeks is not the best.Anyone else had mystery rattles looked at or solved...?

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Richard (AlleyCat) had some rattle issues which came from around the dashboard, but I still think there is a bit of an issue there. Sometimes the rattle can come from door panels and may sound like the dash. A trick my son (who runs a body repair business) uses is to put some double sided tape to some sponge/rubber about an inch thick and fasten to the ide of the dashboard where it meets the door panel. When you shut the door it compresses the rubber and if the rattle/vibration stops it can often then be traced to the door panel or the plastic access covers (fuses etc) that are at the side of the dashboard. What did Nissan say caused the drive shaft to fail ?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Nissan Mandela

Post by Nissan Mandela »

Hi I have the same problem as you, cars been fine but recently developed 2 rattles which ive managed to pin pointThe first is a slight metallic rattle which sounds to come from the middle of the dash (only seems to happen when the engines warm), after investigating i have found it to be the heat shied on the rear bulk head in the engine bay, at the rear of the engine is a shiny heat shield ,you can see it better if you pull the plastic cover of the top of the engine, this seems very loose and flimsy (like tin foil) i held it and the noise stopped ,now to find a way of securing it betterA couple of days ago the car developed another rattle on the passenger side, i found it to be the near side front air vent, if you press the silver surround it disappeared, just need to think of a fix for this too car is 2014 1.5 Diesel Acenta Premium
2014 Qashqai 1.5 Acenta Premium
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

I took the car in to have the chrome pack re-fitted as they all peeled off for the 2nd time, they replaced with new pack and was told a seal had a cut in it near the drive-shaft, might have said velocity joint gator.....? I am not technical at all when it comes to cars.They replaced that and when i took the car in for the rattles they said i was marked down for a drive shaft replacement.My touch screen has been freezing as well to which they told me there is a new update being released in the next month.
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

I am not going to be sticking stuff to anything, this is lease deal through my company and leaving it to Nissan, as soon as i start messing with things i will annoy people i think.
GrantV

Post by GrantV »

Hi, Any resolution on the rattles at 1500rpm? I too get the noise at this engine speed on the passenger side (nearside); it is like a growling noise that increases in loudness as you approach 1500rpm and dies away as you go beyond it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Or, has anybody else resolved this particular issue? Thanks you.
Nissan Mandela

Post by Nissan Mandela »

Just a quick update, car went in for the rattles the passenger air vent rattle turned out to be near the glovebox and nissan are aware of it and have issued a TSB The heat shield was secured and now I have a rattle free car , oh apart from the passenger door trim which has just developed
Nissan Mandela

Post by Nissan Mandela »

[quote="GrantV"]
Hi, Any resolution on the rattles at 1500rpm? I too get the noise at this engine speed on the passenger side (nearside); it is like a growling noise that increases in loudness as you approach 1500rpm and dies away as you go beyond it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Or, has anybody else resolved this particular issue? Thanks you.[/QUOTE]
sounds like the air intake box if you look on the passenger side with the bonnet up at the back (behind the battery) there is a black box where the air intake pipe connects ,at the top there is a clip try pushing the plastic where the pipe connects whilst the engine is running and see if it make it quiter, it seems as if the clip is too loose , i cut a little bit of a plastic tie and packed the clip to fit better
Amos

Post by Amos »

Mine went back to have the rattles sorted and in all fairness nissan did sort it........... For a while. The rattles seem to come and go. Yesterday it was rattle free but today there is a rattle from the rear and drivers door. It's really annoying :-( Just a shame because the car is really good apart from the rattles
questy

Post by questy »

I have had the same problem on my 2014 qashqai rattling from the air vent which has been replaced also a new glove box fitted, and the dash taken out and lagged in foam I have contacted Nissan GB and they told me no TSB has been issued on this problem. The car is back in for its 6th visit in 2 months of ownership in a couple of weeks as the problem still not solved. It looks as I am not the only one with this problem perhaps if all owners with this noise contacted Nissan GB they may take the problem seriously.PS Love the car but built quality suffers with cheap plastic.