Shake Rattle and Roll

Bodywork & Interior problems
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I to have had rattle issues with my Qashqai, I have had rattles from front nearside door , drivers door, from around air vent , and one from what I thought was rear nearside door . With luck my dealer has been fantastic , its taken 5 visits to them to get all problems sorted but they stuck with it . The passenger front door turned out not to be the door but the front pillar that runs down to the dash , they took that off and fitted padding , they also took out the air vent and applied silicone spray . The drivers door they had off 3 times fitting padding and vibration tape which stopped the problem for a few weeks but then came back . And as of this week they had it back in and changed the complete door card . The rattle from the back I discovered wasn't from the door but was actually inside the roof liner above rear nearside passenger seat . There are bars that run across the sun shade for strength purposes and the fixing on one side of one of these bars had come out . They needed to take roof liner out ( 6 hr job) to get to it and then refit ( another 6 hour job ) , but finally im rattle free , its a shame all dealers cant be as dedicated and take ownership of problems.