Wing Mirrors

Bodywork & Interior problems
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Whilst cleaning the QQ today I noticed the drivers wingo mirror casing is coming away at the top and have manged to clip it back on but it seem that there is an ill fitting clip on the outside. Anyone seen anything like this on theirs?
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Mirrors are fine on mine, but, 3 out of the 4 doors had the rubber trims loose as some of the press in fasteners weren't pressed in!. Also quite a bit of road noise on the drivers side but no obvious gaps or misalignment of the door etc., also sounds like the rear passenger window is slightly open at times.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Contigo that is a mommon faultWas speaking to a fellow member just over weekend We have 7 QQ now on fleet and 5 are like thisyou can clip them back in but they shake loose againDealer stated they could get a replacement but the replacement have exactly the same fitting qualitys
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Shocking quality, I can clip them back in but they pop straight out when any force is applied to them, my worry is that if something clips the mirrors then the casing will fall off and I'll be out of pocket!

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thats exactly what this forum was for mateIdentify things like this and then voice them to Nissan to changeThing is it dont help when some prevent people from mentioning niggles for some reasonOur company has 5 cars all with same problem, none of the cars show any sign of damage so its a design flaw but replacing the mirror covers will not at moment help as they exactly sameLets hope we get more people speaking of this and other things and maybe Nissan might start adressing things falling off and shoddy build factors
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

It needs an adhesive on it or as you say a permanent fix. I will not let this one lie at all until I've got new casings on them.

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

This one was just delivered to the Dealer when I was there and guess what? It had the same issue. So anyone denouncing this as make believe can be show the proof. I urge people to go out and check theirs as I have seen 5 cars like this now and Donkey has also seen it first hand. IMO there should be a recall for this.
Contigo2014-07-07 19:19:12

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Contigo trust me its not just usIts documented on other forums im afraidIts a design fault and as ive said replacing the cover will not get you any furtherIn our company case we have used a little gorrila glue dabbed around to ensure the mirrors do not fall offNissan will not accept anything unless documentedSo as these things come to light then if we stick together as a community we might pressure Nissan to sort this
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I will give my dealer a few days to come back then to nissan UK I go. Then it is social media for an answer...