Factory spray

Bodywork & Interior problems
muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

This morning I received a call from my dealer to go to the showroom and check my new QQ before delivery. Upon arrival I was informed that the QQ was received with a chip on the front bumper and had a coin sized grey halo on the bonnet (attributed to overpolishing). Upon personal inspection I also noticed that the bonnet was not correctly set since one side had a large gap whilst the other side was much narrower.The bonnet shall be set that should not be a big problem.... nonetheless there is not much that can be done for the effected body parts, other than having them resprayed. Personally I would prefer keeping the original factory spray rather than having a local guy spraying them. What are your suggestions guys? One further question... does Nissan supply sprayed body parts upon specific request? If yes this would solve my problem as I would ask the dealer to order newly sprayed parts to be replaced. Feeling unhappy and confused.
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher

ratty87

Post by ratty87 »

I would ask for the bonnet to be replaced, they must be able to get new painted parts surely, what do they do for accident repairs otherwise. As your QQ is white I imagine that the grey blemish sticks out like a sore thumb. If parts are supplied unpainted for damage repair then the dealer must be using a Nissan recommended spray shop, that do work to an approved standard. I must admit I have had some spray work done on my car and it was first class.Even so if I was you I would also feel unhappy. I hope you get this sorted.
Qashqai Tekna 1.2DIG-T in Ink Blue, Premium Chrome, Spare Wheel, Textile Mats, Mud Flaps, Sport Pedals.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Bottom line is that you, rightly so, want a good job done, but it's probably pointless to even attempt to influence how the garage / Nissan bring your car to the standard you expect? Concentrate on the outcome you want not the process, far less frustrating and almost guaranteed success. Best of luck.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
john w

Post by john w »

Nar brand new car id personally refuse to take delivery dont care for getting bonnet resprayed never be same colour as rest of car
deks36

Post by deks36 »

Nissan wont supply a painted bonnet. All replacement parts come un painted and then sprayed by a bodyshop. Even if they did ship you another painted its unlikely to make it to Malta undamaged and it is also unlikely to be exactly the same colour match. Its not unusual for new cars to have paintwork before the purchaser ever gets to see it a local bodyshop near me is full up with new cars awaiting paintwork.Its not the repair you should be concerned about its the workmanship for the job.At least the dealer has told you whats the issue rather than just painting it and not telling.Question is are you happy to have it resprayed or reject it and wait until who knows when for a replacement as the demand is high and delays growing
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I'm fairly sure, but not a lawyer, that you don't actually have the option to refuse delivery. The fact that your individual car is damaged, but perfectly able of being put right is good enough to enforce your contract. As pointed out earlier, concentrate on the outcome, forget the rest it will bring you real grief and an outcome you and the garage could both do without. They have been very straight with you as deks above has pointed out.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Get t sprayed, see what it looks like, then complain.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
john w

Post by john w »

Dont no about the laws in Malta but unless you signed for the car to say your happy with it your in the driving seat i should imagine
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="john w"]Dont no about the laws in Malta but unless you signed for the car to say your happy with it your in the driving seat i should imagine[/QUOTE]Quite right you certainly should be and so far there's nothing to suggest that the garage aren't with you on this.
Shaunyac

Post by Shaunyac »

Hi muscc, I'm actually a spray painter trained by Volkswagen (sorry for swearing!) Personally, I'd get it resprayed, ask if you can have body shops name so you can check it out if you like. If the damage is in the middle area of the bonnet the colour should be fine as they can blow in the colour and lacquer the whole bonnet. You want to check all the edges of the bonnet for any masking lines as they almost definitely will not paint the underside of the bonnet and there'll be an edge where they have back masked off the underside. These should be polished out before being handed back to you but aren't always. The only thing I'd worry about is what lacquer they'll be using as obviously since this is a new car, you'll want the finish to last for years to come, you need to make sure they use UV resistant products as I have heard stories of bodyshops not using the correct products and the paint finish fading/cracking over time. Sorry for the long winded post, if there are any questions you have about the paint process of repairing your vehicle let me know (: