squeaking doors

Bodywork & Interior problems
xpdev

Post by xpdev »

hello to allI am a holder of QQ 1.6 Tekna 4WD (only 1100km) who writes from ItalyI have a problem and can not solve it at the italian Nissan dealerAll 5 doors are noisy (small iron crunches), do not seem to be fully registered with the machine frame.To resolve almost all the noise, I just put a little adhesive thickness (a few mm) where the door touches the frame, those few millimeters make becoming the doors almost completely silent.The mechanic tells me that you can not record the doors.He has oiled the doors rubber seals, but there have been no improvement.Have any of you had the same problem or have any ideas to suggest?many thanks

tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Hi xpdevAre there any rubber 'stops' on the individual doors - probably at the bottom of the doors ?Normally you can screw or unscrew these to adjust the amount of pressure between the door and the bodyshell / door seal. Apologies if there isn't any fitted to the new QQ as I cannot check mine as I still have a 5 week wait for delivery !!
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

You should be able to adjust the striker plate (I think that's what it's called) on inner body of car. the thick plate with D shaped loop of metal that the door locks around. there is as range of movement of the plate, if the bolts are loose repeated closing of door will push plate inwards. If they are very loose the plate may be pulled outwards.
tekna cvt mag red
xpdev

Post by xpdev »

@tomo2001hi, yes there are the rubber "stops" in the QQ 2014 but there is no way to "screw or unscrew" the rubber, they are fixedandrewjosephHi, yes i know what you mean, but this is not a thing i can do i, i need a professional coachbuilderthank to everyone