Nissan Advise Respray!!!

Bodywork & Interior problems
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Hi I have already posted about the problem with some of the inner painted areas on my car not having a great deal of paint on them and thought I should update on the outcome of talking to so called Nissan Customer Services.
Well the outcome is they have said to have sections resprayed.
I am not happy with this offer.It is 2 months old!
A Nissan engineer has not even looked at it to hopefully stop it happening again on the production line.
The car has other issues and faults.
What should I do?

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

As lightly mentioned on another post - your best course of action would be to go and talk to your local Trading Standards. That way you will get good unbiased advice. I should add that you need to do this before you talk further with the garage, that way you will know where you stand and not compromise yourself by saying something you might later regret.

PeterL2014-05-22 18:51:15
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
john w

Post by john w »

How long can you have the car before you can reject it personally thats what id do especially if theres other problems with the car why should you pay £20,000 + for something that appears to be under sprayed cause unless the whole car is going to be resprayed the colours will never match perfectly
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Silverman, I think I mentioned this before somewhere !. We had Paintwork Problems with our Juke Tekna twice and in each case I photo'ed and then reported the problems to NCS via email. They then issued a Customer Complaint No. but then the responsibility changes as the Dealer is the Guy who sold you the car so he is your contact. In both cases our Dealer supported us with photos and reports and NCS paid up. What I then did was to get a stamp and comment in the Service Book to cover the guarantee. Whatever you do try to be calm and lay the facts on the Table because once you get into a slanging match then the Problems will occur. What might help is an Independent Engs. Report.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

There is not a great deal of paint in my inner boot area and around some of the doors, but I have seen this before on other models and it caused no problems, you never get the clear coat on any internal parts and it always looks different to the outer finish.As others have stated make sure you get independent advice if you intend to throw the car back at them or you may get nowhere.As a matter of interest some years ago I had a 3 series BMW which had a poorly painted bonnet, they agreed to respray it. I collected and it looked perfectly in normal light, but when dark under sodium street lights it looked a totally different colour. The original was a solid red, but under light the bonnet looked like a deep orange colour, it looked horrible.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Thanks for the advice. The service manager from the dealership is calling me back tomorrow.
The problem with the paint finish is the small amount of black paint over the primer,in the corners is the worst. So that on a bright day the colour is between brown/bronze to grey.
This occurs on the passenger side and the rear hatch area which also has particles in the paint.
I didnt notice this until a sunny day when I was cleaning the inside of the car.