stone chip question

Bodywork & Interior problems
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am getting sick and tired of these inconsiderate drivers who damage other peoples cars and drive away, only this last weekend whilst parked up awaiting my wife to come out of a supermarket, I witnessed a girl in a few years old Focus clip the rear of a parked few months old Mondeo as she drove around it coming into the car park. Did she stop...NO...did she look at her car as she parked up a hundred or so yards away...YES and just walked into the store. I put a note on the Mondeo's screen with her Reg. number went into the store and left details at the information desk and they were going to Tannoy the owner of the Mondeo to come to them. The owner came out I showed him where the Focus was parked and he was going to wait for her return.She had probably done a few hundred pounds worthy of professional repairs and assumed it did not matter and for this reason I always sit in the car and send my wife in on her own, unless I can park a few hundred yards away where no one else is
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

Well at least you jonceebee are considerate for leaving the note. I would appreciate that.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

In a car park I suffered a small scratch on o/s rear door; 2 tiny paint chips& a 1" scratch; this was not very deep and just in top coat. As I have scratch & dent supplementary policy I thought I'd use, after my polishing efforts on scratch made no difference. "Revive" didn't want to respray (being newish car/ very small area) so touched in tiny paint chips, and then used very fine wet & dry & quickly sanded scratch out; initially area sanded, was buff as you'd expect.To reinstate he applied no varnish, but simply buffed away with Trade 3m products, which he said were similar to T Cut; he had 2 versions, one called a Super Fine, and one a standard. Imagine neither available to you or me.I was nervous seeing the matt finish initially (though scratch had gone), but impressed that "T Cutting" restored to match surrounding area, with no re varnishing necessary.Had always assumed T Cut type products unwise to use on new cars, but may consider for serious scratches, or special items such as on E bay.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380803447679? ... X%3AITThis comes with the wet & dry too, which I'm now not so scared of using on my car if necessary,assuming plenty of water used.He polished up with a buffer on a power tool, but spit & polish I guess would suffice
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D