Another Recall

Bodywork & Interior problems
BaggieBoy
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by BaggieBoy »

Mine was done today, I'd taken it in for an issue with front parking sensors and an intermittent start/stop system failure. I'd not had a recall notice but it seems the dealer (Westway) are automatically applying to any vehicle that is brought in that needs it.
Current: '24 reg e-Power Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Previous: '65 reg 1.5 dCi n-Tech (currently being used by my daughter) /// '08 reg 2.0 dCi Tekna 4WD (sadly deceased)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This was exactly the opinion I got from our Dealer here that they were aware of a problem but Customers had not been informed. I did check the KBA Germany here and the "Recall" is mentioned as I stated before but when I checked the is it the DVLA there was nothing stated - Dave ;)

IMG_3337.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I've just had the wheel arch modification letter from Nissan for my May 14 QQ; must be issuing on a staggered basis. ;)

Think I'll hang on till next service in May.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, ours is an Aug 14 QQ, as mentioned it has been done but still no notification from Nissan or the German KBA. It makes you wonder how important it is but at least the Guarantee is 3 years - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Registered May 2014 and just received the wheel arch protector recall from Nissan GB, Birmingham. Came through the post today.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, well at least it appears things are starting to happen at your end - good to hear Dave :)
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

I became aware of the wheel arch bracket recall because of a breakdown I experienced yesterday. I called roadside assistance because of a flat battery and when the helpful man from the RAC arrived, he revealed that apparently quite a number of Qashqas had experienced the same problem, to the extent that they (RAC) were replacing batteries without cost to the customer, however, due to a stock shortage, he did not carry one with him.

He said that this was a known problem with a batch of batteries that were fitted to a number of Qashqas of a certain age (mine is a 2014 Tekna model) Fortunately, he had previously been employed by my local Nissan Dealership and so proceeded to phone them on my behalf to see if they had a battery in stock which they did and surprisingly, offered to perform the battery exchange immediately. The RAC got me going again and arriving at the Dealer, was informed of the need to perform the wheel arch bracket job as well. Within an hour and a half I was back on the road.

First, praise goes to the RAC man (Ben) for his prompt, courteous and informative assistance. I have never had to use this service before and I was suitable impressed. Second, thanks to the Dealership for doing the work promptly (although I understand from the RAC man I was very fortunate for the Dealership to fit me in at short notice).

My only gripe with Nissan is the battery issue. OK its not potentially life threatening but it is a known issue that has affected a number of owners but Nissan do not categorise it as a Recall but rather something they call a "Campaign". In other words, its only when you identify/report a potential problem or break down, that they fix it. In my case, according to the RAC man, the tell tale sign was an intermittent fault with the start/stop system that had been playing up for a month or so. Perhaps I should have put two and two together but I usually switch this function off and so I saw it as no inconvenience to ignore the intermittent start/stop fault message.
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
andrewgr
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andrewgr »

Bracket for front RH brake hose fitted this week under the recall scheme. Took about 15 minutes. Wouldn't have known anything had been done when I collected the car from the same space I left it except that the drivers's seat had been adjusted to fit a midget!
Nissan Qashqai N-Tec+ First Registered December 2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewgr, hopefully you mean the "Rear" Right Brake Hose or is there another "Recall" on the way for the "Front" now ?? - Dave ;)