Another Recall

Bodywork & Interior problems
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Mine is going in this Sat.... its stopping my dealer from submitting a claim for a new short block :(

duncho

Post by duncho »

It's the rear right driver's side wheel arch (RHD), which is tightened up to the body.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As there has been another post on this subject, does any member in fact know what has been done to the Wheel Arch Area is it just re-fixing, new brackets / screws etc ?. I would be interested if someone has a sketch or photo of this problem and is it related to all QQ J11's - Thanks in Advance Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

According to the "Vehicle Campaign" letter I've just received from Nissan they ....."have identified a potential concern".
It goes on....."Nissan has identified that in conditions such as high speed and high vehicle loading the rear wheel arch protector may deform and contact the brake hose. Over time repeated contact could, in an extreme case, wear a hole in the hose. This could then cause a brake fluid leak. :roll: If brake fluid leakage occurs the vehicle can still be brought to a stop, however the driver would detect increased brake travel and the brake warning light may illuminate on the dashboard."
Oddly enough they omit to mention anything about not driving again if this occurs, but I dare say the advice is buried in the handbook somewhere.
It's obviously not a big remedial job because they reckon it takes around an hour to complete, unless of course the brake hose has become worn, in which case add 5 mins while they turn the worn bit out of sight :?
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

It took them 15 mins to do the fix on mine!
jojo68

Post by jojo68 »

Tehnician from the Nissan service give me information than it's kind of plastic shield which has to increase distance of the breaking liquid hoose from the other solid parts. There is posibility when the car is loaded, to make damage to the hoose.
QQJ11 1.2 DIG-Т 115 Visia
Macedonia
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bob d, many thanks for this Information of which I knew nothing about.

According to the "Vehicle Campaign" letter I've just received from Nissan they ....."have identified a potential concern".
It goes on....."Nissan has identified that in conditions such as high speed and high vehicle loading the rear wheel arch protector may deform and contact the brake hose. Over time repeated contact could, in an extreme case, wear a hole in the hose. This could then cause a brake fluid leak. :roll: If brake fluid leakage occurs the vehicle can still be brought to a stop, however the driver would detect increased brake travel and the brake warning light may illuminate on the dashboard."

Today I was at our Dealer on another Electronic Subject and just happened to speak with the Spare Parts Store and raised this question above. The comment was there is a "Recall" Action. On speaking to the Technician on the Electronic subject I mentioned the above Problem and he was surprised I had not been informed, but now I have a Termin next week for the correction of installing a new Bracket Part #743L9-4EA5A. His comment was that the Problem could occur when the QQ is fully loaded ie 5 People and luggage as the QQ will sit lower and the Problem could arise - RH Side Only.
I have found a German KBA #6662 (Kraftfahrt Bundesamt - Government Motor Body) Recall paper (sorry in German) but I have translated the relevant part in English which is similiar to the comment from Bob d. It seems to affect all QQ`s from 2013 > 2016.

"The Rear Right Wheel Arch Protection can pinch the Brake Hose. This leads to the leakage of Brake Fluid and can result in reduced braking performance."

I have checked our You + Nissan Webpage and there is nothing there - I hope this is of some assistance to you all - Dave ;)

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3306.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have just finished talking to NCS Germany and asked why and if our QQ was involved in this "Recall" and why was there no notification to the Owner / Customer as yet. The answer was that Nissan have to inform the German KBA (Federal MotorTransport Authority) who then check the records of the Owners (QQ could have been resold) and the QQ Typ No. and if the QQ is involved in the Recall then the Owner is notified. NCS then checked our QQ Data out and confirmed our's is not involved, never the less I am not cancelling the rework and will notify the Dealer Technical Service Guys on Friday - Dave :)
daedal_eidolon

Post by daedal_eidolon »

I just got this recall notice too for my 2014 QQ premier. Interestingly when I checked on You+ there were 0 outstanding notices. Glad to hear it only took 15mins to retrofit the fixed component. Got mine booked in for next week.
1.6 dci Premier Limited Edition Pearl Black (2014), Autoglym Lifeshine
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Had the "Recall" Fix done or New Bracket installed this morning as Splank said took around 15 mins - another job done :D Dave