Power fold Mirror problem

Bodywork & Interior problems

Power fold Mirror problem

Postby Graham_uk » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi all, Next issue I'm trying to sort out on my 2014 Tekna is the nearside power fold mirror. All the functions work except for the actual folding function. I've even wasted £250 on a brand new unit that still doesn't fold. The doors wiring harness is new and correct. I get function in the Drivers side one but nothing on the passenger side. I take it there's only one fuse? Any help appreciated

(Worth noting that my car was a Cat D write off so no warranty).
Last edited by Graham_uk on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Tekna 1.5DCI (Cat D Write off)
Graham_uk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm


Re: Power fold Mirror problem

Postby duncho » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:16 pm

Graham_uk wrote:Hi all, Next issue I'm trying to sort out on my 2014 Tekna is the nearside power fold mirror. All the functions work except for the actual folding function. I've even wasted £250 on a brand new unit that still doesn't fold. The doors wiring harness is new and correct. I get function in the Drivers side one but nothingon hte passenger side. I take it there's only one fuse? Any help appreciated

(Worth noting that my car was a Cat D write off so no warranty).


I suppose your car is still under warranty, why didn't you ask Nissan to fix this?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear
duncho
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm


Re: Power fold Mirror problem

Postby DaveBerlin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:42 am

Dan, I think you will find that Graham has no Guarantee as I believe he bought a Cat. D-Write Off QQ which must have been well screwed up. Graham why do you not contact a local Nissan Dealer and let them look, they are not all Bad and at least it will give you piece of mind of what the problem is - Dave ;)
2014/08 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)/Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front/Rear Pearl White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/LED's Innen,Footwell,No.Plate/White & Chrome Side Mouldings/Webasto
DaveBerlin
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany


Re: Power fold Mirror problem

Postby duncho » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Oh I see. I can send you schematics if you are brave to dig deeper and search for root cause of the problem.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear
duncho
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm


Re: Power fold Mirror problem

Postby Graham_uk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:22 pm

duncho wrote:Oh I see. I can send you schematics if you are brave to dig deeper and search for root cause of the problem.


Yes please mate! I've been trying to find schematics of the whole car but so far I've come up with nothing!
2014 Tekna 1.5DCI (Cat D Write off)
Graham_uk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm


Re: Power fold Mirror problem

Postby Graham_uk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:24 pm

DaveBerlin wrote:Dan, I think you will find that Graham has no Guarantee as I believe he bought a Cat. D-Write Off QQ which must have been well screwed up. Graham why do you not contact a local Nissan Dealer and let them look, they are not all Bad and at least it will give you piece of mind of what the problem is - Dave ;)



Cat D means panel work only! I've got two new doors, new bonnet and front wing. all internals are fine except that the garage used a lower spec doner vehicle so I've had to replace the wiring harness (£135 new). From what I can see (On Google), there was a fault with the early 2014 QQ's on the exact subject. Possibly down to the PCU but I'm trying to narrow it down myself before getting Nissan involved!
2014 Tekna 1.5DCI (Cat D Write off)
Graham_uk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm



Return to Bodywork & Interior

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Nissan QashQai Forums

Our Nissan QashQai Forums are free to join and open to all. Contact Us.

Copyright 2015. Not associated with Nissan.