Gear Knob Wear

Bodywork & Interior problems
fu77

Post by fu77 »

Hello All,

New to the forum. I'm looking at buying a 13 plate, QQ 360 from a Nissan dealer that's done 22,000 miles. I've noticed that the silver paint is quite worn on the top of the gear knob.

Is this quite common for this model of Qashqai?

Thanks.

Glenn1961
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Glenn1961 »

Probably the last owner used to drive with his hand constantly on the gear knob ?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Wear like this can indicate the car has done more miles than is recorded on the tacho. Take a look at other parts of the car, pedals and steering wheel are a good ones & look for wear. Look in the boot & seals around the doors. If these are also worn, walk away.

Also, some cars cover little miles but still do a lot of work and the millage can be misleading. Some cars used by farmers can spend a lot of time going up and down dirt roads, some are used in a city environment racking up hours but little miles.

Caveat emptor.
fu77 wrote:Hello All,

New to the forum. I'm looking at buying a 13 plate, QQ 360 from a Nissan dealer that's done 22,000 miles. I've noticed that the silver paint is quite worn on the top of the gear knob.

Is this quite common for this model of Qashqai?

Thanks.
fu77

Post by fu77 »

Thanks Daewar and Glenn1961 for you thoughts. Much appreciated.

I didn't buy that particular car in the end but went with a QQ 360 from a different dealer.

Thanks again.