2012 Qashqai Driver Seat Collapse

Bodywork & Interior problems
Borisbeka1983

Post by Borisbeka1983 »

I've just bought a 2012 Nissan Qashqai Ntec + 1.6 Petrol. I'm over the moon with the car!

However, I recently heard clicking when getting in and out, off and on the drivers seat.

I investigated below and noticed that the foam seat bolster has torn (looks like rubbing on metal frame) and has now more or less collapsed giving no support.

Is this likely to be replaced under warranty and has anyone else had this issue?

image.jpeg

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

First off, how many miles has the car done, as this may affect what Nissan may say? But to be honest at the most you may get a good will offer, but my money's on you getting nothing.

Borisbeka1983 wrote:I've just bought a 2012 Nissan Qashqai Ntec + 1.6 Petrol. I'm over the moon with the car!

However, I recently heard clicking when getting in and out, off and on the drivers seat.

I investigated below and noticed that the foam seat bolster has torn (looks like rubbing on metal frame) and has now more or less collapsed giving no support.

Is this likely to be replaced under warranty and has anyone else had this issue?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As Daewar has mentioned it is highly unlikely that you will get this seat exchanged under Guarantee as it is over the 3 year period, but it might be worth a try. As your QQ appears to be the J10 model give this place a try for example - Dave ;)
http://www.parts.loc8apart.co.uk/nav/au ... i/Seat.php

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken