black qashqai scratch tips

Bodywork & Interior problems
Flibblejibblet

Post by Flibblejibblet »

Hi,

My Qashqai is 2 days old and I've already noticed a scratch pretty much the entire length of the passenger door and most of the rear door. It's fairly faint and can only be seen when looking closely but it does concern as I will be driving my commute down country lanes with frequent bushes down the side etc which is what I suspect is already the cause.

Perhaps there is nothing I can do, I don't know, but does anyone know anything that actually works as both preventative and/or a cure? i.e. does waxing a car actually protect it from scratches or is this just marketing? I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of stuff that at best wont work and at worst will make my car look worse.
(not driving down country lanes is not an option!)

Thanks in advance.
1.5 dci Tekna Pearl Black (2016)

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This product highly recommended for scratches of clear coat;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NO-1-Farecla- ... 1314003045

+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka2s7w4ifhQ

Regular waxing does build up extra level of protection for Clear Coat (Top coat)
I use;
http://www.autoglym.com/products/produc ... protection
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Flibblejibblet

Post by Flibblejibblet »

Thanks for such a detailed and quick reply Gel, I really appreciate it.

I'll order some of that G3 then and halfords seem to have a 2 for 3 car washing deal at the moment so I'll grab that autoglym plus the two polish and shampoo products it recommends using first.
I see there is a £45 autoglym Polish option! Yikes! Might be a bit too fancy for me!
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

If it's only a light scratch try using autoglym super resin polish first.
Flibblejibblet

Post by Flibblejibblet »

Thanks Roadie,
I've reserved some to pick up tomorrow. I had cheap wash products for my old car, but have reserved autoglym shampoo/conditioner, super resin polish and extra gloss protection so I'll have some fun giving my car it's first wash tomorrow afternoon and see if it needs the G3 or not. Probably will one day with my commute I suspect.
Flibblejibblet

Post by Flibblejibblet »

Gel,
The G3 you linked to on ebay, I had assumed it was a larger bulk bottle, but just noticed it is 500ml which is the same as halfords sell here for less money. Is there something better about the ebay one, or are they just the same? If the same, I may just grab a bottle tomorrow when I grab the autoglym products.
yaesu

Post by yaesu »

Supagard scuff remover followed by paintseal cream works for me. If you go through both clear coat and colour coat nothing will 'restore' the finish! ( except respray of course) Sounds to me as if frequent use of G3 will eventually 'wear' through the finish. Good luck,
Yaesu
March 2015 Ntec+ 1.6 dci manual black
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

The E Bay bottle is the one the Trade Use; P+P cost included in price will be heavy as is the product.
I too live in rural area & many lanes have uncut verges, and when you meet another car, often you have to drive past slowly whilst hearing the b++++y brambles scratching car from one end to other.
I've not found Autoglym Super Resin Polish up to the job in getting these scratches out; G3 does.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

I hate stones and scratches almost as much as I hate how soft Nissan paint is. If you fart in its general direction it scratches. Just bought a chipped kit in pearl white so ill post some pictures to see how well that performs. In the country = hood deflector is a must.
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Flibblejibblet

Post by Flibblejibblet »

I'll have to research hood deflectors. Not convinced, but know little.

That G3 was outstanding! I'm truly impressed! Thank you so much.
Spent many hours cleaning today (G3 was quick though). Not convinced the autoglym Polish and then gloss protector made it any more shiny (should have left one panel not done to compare) but if it protects it then that's great. I'm tempted to try a second coat of the gloss protector to make it stronger.

I also did autoglym wheel protector spray and I do NOT recommend this. I failed t notice the "not recommended for dark wheels" bit and it left lots of streaks on my alloys as they are mostly black. Though to be fair, it left marks on the silver bits too. I ended up using a chamois to wipe it down probably removing the protection. Ah well.

Overall car looks much more shiny and clean than when I first got it a few days ago. (It was driven 199 miles to me)