Dent.

Bodywork & Interior problems
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks hound. Gonna see if I can get a dent guy round to see if they can do something. One called me back but will book them in next week.

Appreciate all the nice helpful comments and suggestions. Takes away the sting of it. Plus believe it or not it's not that noticeable unless you know it but I will sort it out.

I'll keep you posted
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Just an update found through a friend a general body shop that do paintless dents. Quote £250 plus vat. Will get it booked in in the next couple of weeks. Chips away and two local guys never called me back. Thanks for all the help. Lesson learned for me to take more care !

Going in on 5th July to be sorted in and out in a day. £270 final price. Let's hope it goes to plan
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Finally got it repaired. They did need to keep it over night. £266. I will learn to be more careful ! Thanks again for those that gave words of wisdom on this thread

image.jpeg

All the best
Paul
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Looks like they did a great job - no doubt you're relieved.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Yep all done and dusted. Back to normal now
All the best
Paul
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Looks a very good job but I had to stand on my head to fully appreciate it. :D
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sorry my pictures keep coming upside down yet when loading they display correctly ?
All the best
Paul
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I've had that occasionally- reported to admin, but still keeps happening with some images.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Paul, it is good to see it has been done successfully now you can get back to enjoying the QQ. This might be a stupid question but you mentioned "Paintless Dents", did they in fact get the Dent out without re-sparaying the area, as you mentioned it stayed there overnight, which tends to indicate paint drying - Just being "Nosey" Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Dave, I think they did a minor spray actually on the bumper piece that had a couple of marks on it but I don't believe that they sprayed the wing that had the dent in it - I believe that was removed by a paintless system. I believe it was put in the 'oven' for a bit in respect of the bumper marks.

Whatever they did do it looks as new. They guy stated that a lot of garages sent cars to them, where I went direct on recommendation. The only negative is they said they needed it for a day and then effectively had it for 2 - which worked out okay but would have been nice to be told that originally rather than an after effect. Price was good too. Cheers
All the best
Paul