2 week old qashqai stone chip??!

Bodywork & Interior problems
Showoffqashqaiguy

Post by Showoffqashqaiguy »

Hi have dropped a message to both of those thanks :). Will also pop into Nissan Tuesday to see what they quote out of interest.
After I have these stone chips repaired I was going to look at a prevantative measure moving forward..https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/crystal-car-valet-2 I found this supaguard fitting online, if i sign up a new account it would be £119+5.5% cashback using topcashback (yes im a bit of a moneysaving savvy) is it worth it? My car is on lease and I just wondered if this supaguard stuff is quite easily removeable and traceable?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Put some elbow grease in and buy a pdi kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Life ... SwboVXOZjG
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Showoffqashqaiguy

Gel wrote:Put some elbow grease in and buy a pdi kit:

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Life ... SwboVXOZjG" class="vglnk"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>ebay</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>itm</span><span>/</span><span>Autoglym</span><span>-</span><span>Lifeshine</span><span>-</span><span>PDI</span><span>-</span><span>Kit</span><span>-/</span><span>222119808815</span><span>?</span><span>hash</span><span>=</span><span>item33b75f4f2f</span><span>:</span><span>g</span><span>:</span><span>BOsAAOSwboVXOZjG</span></a>
I saw that on another thread, but how easy are these to install and remove? my car is on lease so I have to be careful..
Showoffqashqaiguy

Hi, so I spoke to paintwagon leicester who quoted me £50..but they've said that touch up would not be 'invisible' ..as my cars on lease i need the paintwork repair done on the stonechip to be satisfactory to their inspection so I am a bit unsure if to get this done or not..what do you think? The other guy I have found is 'finefinish' from mansfield nottingham who quoted me £80..
Showoffqashqaiguy

http://finefinishonline.co.uk/car-paint ... ottingham/

WHat do you guys think this is his site above?

Also supaguard i got quoted £50 to remove it if i got it fitted..just wanted your opnion on the value of that deal?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

What actually has to be removed, if you decide to Supaguard??
With the Lifeshine PDI kit it's just a series of treatments you apply to metalwork, carpets, seat coverings/fascia etc.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
switchback

Post by switchback »

I can't see how Supagard will protect from stone chips?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Showoffqashqaiguy

Hi, so I had my touch up work fixed and all stone chips now gone. I used Lee from Fine Finish..he quoted £80...and went over the car with a fine brush and cleaned/polished and painted the surface layering it up and mixing the paint in his van. The job he did was fab..he went over the whole car for me and spent a good 3 hours at my house..in total he removed 3 stone chips, 2-3 light scratches and polished it. He told me when in the sun use 'mer wax to protect the body' and also 'auto shine' wax as its the best. When it got to payment he only charged me £70 and then give me the pot of paint and a brush so i can touch up in future myself. Cannot recommend him enough tbh..:) so my cars now stone chip free.
Showoffqashqaiguy

switchback wrote:I can't see how Supagard will protect from stone chips?
I dont think they remove anything from my understanding its like a plastic sheet kind of that sticks to wherever they apply and stops chips from chipping the body by the protective layer it has...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it all looks that things turned out well for you and the QQ in the end with the Stone Chips. These guys are worth their weight in gold when you find the right one and are worth hanging onto for the future. They do a good job and at a reasonable price and I know for a fact over here they are used by the Dealers for New Car Transport Damage - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken