2 week old qashqai stone chip??!

Bodywork & Interior problems
Showoffqashqaiguy

Post by Showoffqashqaiguy »

Thanks for the help everyone..Rang around today and 4 out of 5 chip car repair technicans/bodywork guys won't touch my car as its a 2016 reg and they said the paint is thinner and something they can't deal with. I also went to Nissan and they told me its wear and tear not covered by the warranty..the man reckons that one of the chips will compound out and the other he said would not to be treated asap as the chips can corrode? Nissan recommended me a guy called Jake who goes to them on a Tuesday and does touch up work for them, I told the man at Nissan I'd been told on here I'm looking at £100 a chip..the Nissan man thinks it would be alot less from this 'Jake' that they use, the person only works Tuesdays so I've been told to go back then. One of the 4 out of 5 chip guys I rang did say use chipex like you guys have but I'm really worried about messing it up and making it worse..is there any chipex video tutorials? What would you all do?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Did you read fully my Post on Chipex ? The reason I ask is because on the website at the bottom of the page is a video.
Again this is it http://www.chipex.co.uk and this is the info' on the video - Dave ;)

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Showoffqashqaiguy

Hi yes I did. I found a video and seems pretty simple does chipex. Well I had one quote at 650! Another at 85 but I've found another chip now near the reg plate on the front of the car, a common area i understand for chips. I did look up chipex but the negative reviews has put me off a bit to be honest...but as it looks so simple and is £30 I might get it a try and see..is it normally pretty fast to arrive?
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

It only takes a couple of days. Just remember the care and time you put in the better the end result. As for the reviews i bet they just slapped it on and thought they would get a first class job. It may take a few layers and a bit of polishing to get a decent job.
Showoffqashqaiguy

I just took the plunge and did it..ordered!
Showoffqashqaiguy

wel 7 hours wasted today.despite trying diff drying times..polishing..t cut...it didnt get rid of 1 stone chip..but it did completely restore the chips on some doors i found..not done anything for the stone chip pictured earlier in ths thread..
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

That's a shame now it looks like a job for the "Paint Doctors" / mobile guys or the Professionals - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Showoffqashqaiguy

Well I googled stone chip repair people and apart from the guy Nissan mentioned 9/10 of them have said they won't touch a 2016 regs paint :(. One guy has said he will and the cost would be 80 pound. When I text him back asking when he could do it however he never got back to me. Do you guys know of anyone from prior users comments who is good in Nottingham area? I work in Leicester too so if it was someone so mobile
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

How about contacting these two companies and see what happens, both your areas - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Showoffqashqaiguy

I did try scratch master but they said they will respray it they said and they said they not really deal with one or two stone chips