Supagard

Bodywork & Interior problems
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Supagard Plus Paint and Fabric Protection

Had this included in the price though I knew it was only thrown at me as a last minute desperation sweetener to get my business. Never set much store by these bodywork protections so called worth £200+ they would have you believe though you can get the same stuff in Halfords or ebay for a fraction of this.

Or am I wrong? yes it looks shiny and water beads at the moment, will it last? does it really protect paint finish? has anyone got any experience or comments on this?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jeffers, stick "Supaguard" in the "Search" Facility and you will find a few comments - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Thanks, several hits there and just confirms what I thought.....Supagard is nothing special and better products available if paint protection is a priority.
ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Hey jeffers,

I can't really find much on Supagard, but normally when looking at the better paint coatings, there are 2 main types - Ceramic and Glass.

Ceramic coatings are usually the domain of professionals as they can be difficult to apply, so obviously cost more as you are paying the pro to do the job. Ceramic coatings are also very hard to remove and in some cases need to be sanded off, but they do last a long time.

Glass coatings are more for us diy'ers, they are easy to apply and can last up to a couple of years. Glass coatings also give a better shine due to the silicates.

Both ceramic and glass coating give extra protection to the paint as they are a very hard shell that can give over 0.5 micron extra thickness with a hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale. They won't stop stone chips but definately help reduce everyday scratches.

When my QQ comes (Middle to end of May) I intend to give it the full treatment of Coating the paint, plastic and wheels, so keep an eye on the gallery ;)

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red