Rattle from the panoramic roof

Bodywork & Interior problems
hapipaz

Post by hapipaz »

Hello forum

I have a ratle comming from the back side of the panoramic roof. I had this issue from day 1, but unfortunately the rattle comes and goes. It happens when the car is stationary in D or R gear and i 'm on the brakes or the handbrake is engaged (eg when i come to a stop at the trafic lights - its a 1.6 Diesel CVT). If i touch the glass roof and apply some preasure then the rattle goes away.

I raised the issue many times with my dealer but no luck. I even took the shop manager for a test drive and he acknowledged the issue but their fix did close to nothing.

Anyone else expirienced this issue? Did you guys managed sort it out?
J11 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 DCi CVT

Fancy an interesting but useless fact? Visit www.TheUFD.net

duncho

Post by duncho »

hapipaz wrote:Hello forum

I have a ratle comming from the back side of the panoramic roof. I had this issue from day 1, but unfortunately the rattle comes and goes. It happens when the car is stationary in D or R gear and i 'm on the brakes or the handbrake is engaged (eg when i come to a stop at the trafic lights - its a 1.6 Diesel CVT). If i touch the glass roof and apply some preasure then the rattle goes away.

I raised the issue many times with my dealer but no luck. I even took the shop manager for a test drive and he acknowledged the issue but their fix did close to nothing.

Anyone else expirienced this issue? Did you guys managed sort it out?
I had the same roof rattle on front part of the roof frame (passenger side - LHD). When I slightly touched the roof frame, rattle was gone. I applied textile automotive tape and rattle is solved for good.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
hapipaz

Post by hapipaz »

Thank for your reply. unfortunately because of the windowshade i cannot reach back enough to apply tape to where the glass roof meets the frame. Is there any other way to acess it?

duncho

Post by duncho »

hapipaz wrote:Thank for your reply. unfortunately because of the windowshade i cannot reach back enough to apply tape to where the glass roof meets the frame. Is there any other way to acess it?
First make a video to demonstrate where the rattle is coming from also showing what you need to press in order to stop it.

hapipaz

Post by hapipaz »

I made a video of the noise as sugested. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlB3VY5tRys

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Are you touching the glass and nothing else?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hm, not the best video to see which part of roof it is. Instead of pressing glass, put your finger between glass and roof cart. There are rails on which roof shade slides. Check whether it stops. Try to make also more detailed video. All I saw was a balcony. It rattles like one of the screws which holds the roof slides isn't properly tightened.

hapipaz

Post by hapipaz »

gvmdaddy wrote:Are you touching the glass and nothing else?

Yes i 'm just touching the glass.
duncho wrote:Hm, not the best video to see which part of roof it is. Instead of pressing glass, put your finger between glass and roof cart. There are rails on which roof shade slides. Check whether it stops. Try to make also more detailed video. All I saw was a balcony. It rattles like one of the screws which holds the roof slides isn't properly tightened.
Ok i will try to see if the screws came loose. I will also try to make a better video but my mobile zooms in the picture for some reason when shooting a video and there is not enough space to get away from the glass.

Thankf for both replies.

duncho

Post by duncho »

There is also a way to make a better video and send it to customer support, Twitter or official Facebook page explaining that you have this issue from the moment you received your car and that your dealer feel no need to get his hands dirty. This is too loud, too annoying and simply unacceptable rattle in my opinion.

Davexnt
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Davexnt »

Did you get this rattle / vibration fixed as this very same noise has started on mine it instantly goes soon as you touch the glass . Mines a 2015 it's been fine for 3 years it just started the other week . Any help would be appreciated .
2015 1.5 dci , storm white , black addition alloys , crossover pack , genuine chrome side bars .