Factory towbar fitment

Bodywork & Interior problems
magneticred14

Post by magneticred14 »

My rear sensors picked up the factory fit fixed towbar. Dealers sorted, system had not been told towbar was fitted. Rear sensors now also automatically deactivate when caravan electrics connected.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive been ringing around Towbar companys todayNot a single manufacture has a towbar they say will fit the new QQA couple of companies remarked they had enquiries previously and production from Thurle expected in mid juneHas anyone any update on this? often the older shape bars fit and are repacked for new model with new pricesEbay showing full towbar kits for older QQ as low as £79
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

[quote="magneticred14"]My rear sensors picked up the factory fit fixed towbar. Dealers sorted, system had not been told towbar was fitted. Rear sensors now also automatically deactivate when caravan electrics connected. [/QUOTE]
Brilliant info! I will ask my local dealer the same, when it goes back in next, I also tow caravan so this info is just what I was after, thanks
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Oooh that's lucky, this thread has just reminded me that mine does the same when put in reverse with a trailer connected up, my local stealer also fitted my towabar as there was nothing aftermarket on offer when I bought/picked up the car (early March), have a strong suspicion they've not coded it to the car, a quick phone call is in order then...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

wheelie out of interest how much they charge for a towbar mate?
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I can't remember the exact figure but have a feeling it was around the £279 mark, that was for the supply and fit of a fixed swan neck and 7 pin electrics (including the missed coding part of the job). I'm having a premature senior moment day as I've just rung my insurance company to tell them I'll be going to France in a couple of weeks, they asked me the reg no so they could find my records and it was only then I realised I don't actually know it!
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

£279 isnt a bad price to be fairwe got one on the 360 QQ and that bleeps when reversing we just ignore it but the camera is fantastic when a box trailer fitted as you cant see it moving in mirrors until too lat the camera a great aid
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

[quote="Donkey"]£279 isnt a bad price to be fairwe got one on the 360 QQ and that bleeps when reversing we just ignore it but the camera is fantastic when a box trailer fitted as you cant see it moving in mirrors until too lat the camera a great aid[/QUOTE]
i might have misunderstood what you just siad there but are you saying you have the rear reverse camera on whilst normal driving to see if the trailer is moving about? if so how do you do this as I couldnt find anyway of doing this?
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

no mate I can only get rear camera up when reversingive no idea why someone hasnt made a gadget to over ride the camera off look at road mentality that feature of keeping eye on trailers a great onehas to be a software setting as above certain speed the monitors all shut off, someone must know how to over ride that
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I've been quoted £ 289 for towbar all Inc. This should be on my car when delivered.
tekna cvt mag red