Running boards

Bodywork & Interior problems
libebcnof23

Post by libebcnof23 »

I'm picking up a Qashqai on Thursday it's an N-tec+ and have seen some after-market running boards on ebay, does anyone have any experience with these sort of things such as would they stop car park knocks from other car doors etc?
The name is Andy and I can't sleep I'm getting too excited.

brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

HI I AM IN TORREVIEJA SPAIN I HAD THE NISSAN EXTRA CHROME SIDE BARS FITTED BEFORE I BOUGHT THE CAR
THEY HAVE LIGHTS UNDERNEATH IF THEY ARE FITTED BY NISSAN BEFORE PURCHACE THEY CAN BE ADDED TO THE INSURANCE AS WITH ALL EXTRAS PRE FITTED THEY ARE TOO LOW TO PROTECT FROM OTHER DOORS, HOWEVER I HAVE SIDE BUFFERS THAT CAN BE A PAINTED B BLACK OR GREY I HAVE GREY AND ALSO A GREY SHARK FIN ARIEL I FITTED FOR 5.60EUROS I HAVE TEKNA LIUGHT GREY LEATHER SO I HAD GREY FITTED TO BE DIFFERENT EXTRAS FITTED AFTER PURCHACE DONT SEEM TO BE INCLUDED ON THE INSURANCE SO I RECCOMEND THAT THE NISSAN GIVE YOU A QUOTE FOR THE BITS TO SHOW THE INSURANCE I AM VERY PLEASED WEITH THE CHROME SIDE BARS ESPECIALLY WITH THE ILLUMINATION THE WAITING DRIVES YOU MAD I HAD THE SAME WITH DELAYS BUT WORTH IT GOOD LUCK BRIAN
brian
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

PS ANDYTHINGS THAT YOU ARE CONSIDDERING ADDING CAN BE QUOTED TO BE SHOWN TO THE INSURANCE BEFORE YOU INSURE THE RUNNING BOARD TUBES ILLUMINATED ARE A VERY NICE LOOK I THINK MINE WERE 980.00EUROS OR SO IM USEING CAPITAL LETTERS CUS ITS DARK REGARDS BRIAN
brian
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the QQ Forum. Just a small suggestion please try using the "Search" Facility are there are already so many facts available from the last few years.
Take a look at "Side Steps" or "Side Steps / Side Bars" there is a nice example from Dionysus featured there.
You could also try this place which has a wide range of products at reasonable prices - Hope this helps Dave ;)

www.tradevanaccessories.co.uk

image.png

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

brianthelian wrote:PS ANDYTHINGS THAT YOU ARE CONSIDDERING ADDING CAN BE QUOTED TO BE SHOWN TO THE INSURANCE BEFORE YOU INSURE THE RUNNING BOARD TUBES ILLUMINATED ARE A VERY NICE LOOK I THINK MINE WERE 980.00EUROS OR SO IM USEING CAPITAL LETTERS CUS ITS DARK REGARDS BRIAN
Please don't post using all CAPS; very hard to read :cry:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

...punctuation is also very helpful in legibility, and it comes free with every keyboard.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Some of us could show a little more patience and remember that not everyone on this site has English as their first language.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

..............but all have a shift key!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gvmdaddy, totally agree with you.
Before this Post gets out of hand, as mentioned not all people are fluent in English and Brian lives in Spain, but at least he gives it a Go so let's give these Guys a chance. I know the problem living in Germany and have gone through this scenario myself. IMHO for what it is worth most Brits will not give a new Language a try, but most people can still get their point over some way or another.
Brian, the Guys are correct that "CAPITALS" are difficult to read, please just try to break up your sentences with a "Dot" (.) and this should help. A Shift Key will not help if the language is difficult to understand and break up sentences.
Enough : This is not a Negative comment but just a comment Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Could I just say that as someone who is envious of anyone who can speak more than one language, I'd never criticise anyone for grammar or spelling especially if it wasn't in their first language. However, if someone is trying to get their point across then breaking the post down into easily readable chunks (upper/lower case, paragraphs and punctuation) gives them the best chance of others reading the post.

I agree Brits are probably the world's worst at tolerating "foreign" languages but the posts from Gel and myself had nothing to do with Brian being Spanish. Apart from visiting this forum I spend a lot of time on "tech" forums where some people think it's cool to stylise their writing almost to the point of illegibility. All caps and no punctuation isn't a foreign language: it's a style that is easily changed for the better.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014