Exterior plastic scuff & dulling

Bodywork & Interior problems
Cameronw89

Post by Cameronw89 »

Hi guys, had a quick search but couldn't get anything.
My passenger side door has a scuff on the plastic trim; is there any way to repair this other than replacing it? Also having a black QQ, my exterior plastic trim is looking quite faded in comparison to the paint work. What do you guys use to bring up the shine in the plastics? Thanks in advance, Cameron
1.6 DCi 15 plate Qashqai N-TEC

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

When I asked this question I was pointed to Simoniz "Back to Black" bumper shine.
Tried it, not impressed. My minor scuffs on the rear wheel arch are still there. Can't tell where it has/hasn't been applied once it's had time to dry.
Willing to try something else though. ;)
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is the stuff I have been using for years, Car Plan Black Trim Wax (is Black) and then last year in the US I saw this Mothers Back to Black being advertised and I bought some. Both clean up Black Plastic well, but the Mothers is clear and does not mark the paint work.
Now none of this stuff normally removes scuffs or scratches ( hides them in some cases) but these sorts of problems normally mean material is missing and it then needs filling or replacing. Give these Mobile Paint or Dent Guys a Buzz they normally rework plastic as well, it is worth a try - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Autoglym bumper gel is the best I've come across, my plastic still looks brand new